Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to be there! Are you on the island now? Give my regards to Mateo.

...and before anyone calls me out on my earlier tirade against loud Anglo music on Cozumel, yes, this is inconsistent of me. So sue me. :D

I need a miracle every day.
Inconsistency thrives here. Sometimes I think the only consistency IS the inconsistency. You should know that. It would probably get boring without it.

yes and will give him your regards. Weather is very plesant
Thanks. I wish I could get to this event; I was supposed to be on Cozumel now, but a family medical issue has made us postpone our trip until June 18. It will be hot but not as hot as Texas.

T

Thanks Don. I never excelled in spelling.
I liked your spelling better; I read it as the feeling the sea gets when it deposits a ton of sargassum on the shore. :D

Thomas Jefferson reportedly once said, "I have nothing but contempt for anyone who can spell a word only one way."

Pirate boat, pirated?

The boat belongs to the son of the owner of Bottom Time Divers - Scuba Diving Cozumel | Bottom Time Divers Cozumel. The photo from the article show the logo under the name on the front and the back shows the name of the company. His son runs snorkel tours and occasional overflow of divers in peak periods and they both use the company name. The dive company uses the boat named Julieta. The paperwork is in order for both boats to operate here including the park. Btw I have known the owner (father) for 26 years.

It was stolen from the Caleta at night and the motor, pump and controls were stripped. They seemed to have little interest in the life preservers and other misc equipment. I can't say whether it was stripped on Cozumel or Isla Mujeres but most likely Cozumel then taken out to drift.

The owner (father) is following up with authorities and any security video from the El Presidente hotel if it exists. He was in Isla Mujeres this weekend getting the boat out of the surf and is taking it to the mainland to be brought back to Cozumel. His son is a ship captain for cargo ships now and could not get to Isla Mujeres. Before the pandemic the son was a captain for one of the car ferries between PDC and Cozumel.

The son did not have insurance, as many people here don't. He had just sold his car and taken loans for a new engine, which apparently was noticed.

Pirate indeed.

The boat belongs to the son of the owner of Bottom Time Divers - Scuba Diving Cozumel | Bottom Time Divers Cozumel. The photo from the article show the logo under the name on the front and the back shows the name of the company. His son runs snorkel tours and occasional overflow of divers in peak periods and they both use the company name. The dive company uses the boat named Julieta. The paperwork is in order for both boats to operate here including the park. Btw I have known the owner (father) for 26 years.

It was stolen from the Caleta at night and the motor, pump and controls were stripped. They seemed to have little interest in the life preservers and other misc equipment. I can't say whether it was stripped on Cozumel or Isla Mujeres but most likely Cozumel then taken out to drift.

The owner (father) is following up with authorities and any security video from the El Presidente hotel if it exists. He was in Isla Mujeres this weekend getting the boat out of the surf and is taking it to the mainland to be brought back to Cozumel. His son is a ship captain for cargo ships now and could not get to Isla Mujeres. Before the pandemic the son was a captain for one of the car ferries between PDC and Cozumel.

The son did not have insurance, as many people here don't. He had just sold his car and taken loans for a new engine, which apparently was noticed.

Pirate indeed.
I stand corrected

Pirate indeed.
This is terrible news! I love Bottom Time Divers and owner Raul. He must be livid. Even if they catch the thieves, unlikely that any money will be recovered.

Back
Top Bottom