Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw this on Facebook too. Besides the obvious black smoke (doesn't that pour out of all these beasts?), what are we seeing?
That's one of the "... of the Seas" cruise ships. I have seen ads that are touting the new "Icon of the Seas" barge that is coming out later this month that is supposed to be the largest one ever built.

That's one of the "... of the Seas" cruise ships. I have seen ads that are touting the new "Icon of the Seas" barge that is coming out later this month that is supposed to be the largest one ever built.

The picture is of a different ship from MSC, probably the Seaside. Icon of the Seas is Royal Caribbean.

The picture is of a different ship from MSC, probably the Seaside. Icon of the Seas is Royal Caribbean.
I get that, and that's not what I was saying. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It looks like one of the "of the Seas" boats to me and the Icon of the Seas, which reportedly is the largest ever built so far, is coming. But I believe you correctly ID that boat as the Seaside.

.. black smoke (doesn't that pour out of all these beasts?),
Most new mega ships are running on liquified natural gas (LNG). (no black smoke)
As mentioned above Icon of the Seas is powered by LNG.

From march 2023

Ferry price increase

Now $340 MXN

At 17 to 1 $20 USD

I have to agree that even though Borge was a coked up crook, when Barcos Caribe was running it, it was the only point I saw Winjet or Ultra Mar even give lip service to customer service or competition.

I wonder if the only way the Cozumel/Mexican government decides crime is an issue is when it effects the cruise ship industry. Perhaps once they cease stopping at Mexican destinations because customers stop booking cruises that stop at Mexican ports, they'll decide there is a problem to address.

Just returned back after 3 month walk about - maybe it's just me but different vibes in Playa and here..... of course there was four shots fired in centro that might have something to do with that.....

Back
Top Bottom