Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friend of mine that winters in coz posted this story elsewhere, said there have been several shootings and five murders since his arrival last November. Used to feel totally fine walking around in the neighborhoods east of town. Walking back from La Perlita to Melgar.... Now not so sure.

Friend of mine that winters in coz posted this story elsewhere, said there have been several shootings and five murders since his arrival last November. Used to feel totally fine walking around in the neighborhoods east of town. Walking back from La Perlita to Melgar.... Now not so sure.
I think all shootings have been drug related with the exception of 1 woman a few weeks ago who was at the wrong house , wrong time. There has been basically one main group of locals who were controlling the drugs here. Now there is the big guys from the mainland and they are going after the local dealers. A week ago there was a manta posted for one of the local leaders and his daughter......he was supposed to have his annual big birthday party at a local beach club where my wife works. She always gets nervous when he shows up with his pals....eat and drink all day free. Anyway, birthday party cancelled and now he is laying low......Ill bet he is sleeping with one eye open all the time now.

Something I have said before bears repeating:

Whatever unsavory things you may be into at home, be it drugs, prostitution, or whatever, it is your own business, and I do not give a damn about it, but when you are on Cozumel PLEASE give it a rest. It's not only for your own protection but that of the rest of us as well. Where there are no customers there are no drug dealers and pimps.

Yeah, yeah, I know...

Something I have said before bears repeating:

Whatever unsavory things you may be into at home, be it drugs, prostitution, or whatever, it is your own business, and I do not give a damn about it, but when you are on Cozumel PLEASE give it a rest. It's not only for your own protection but that of the rest of us as well. Where there are no customers there are no drug dealers and pimps.

Yeah, yeah, I know...
I'll stay away from the hookers and blow, but you have to do your part also.

No more guac and no margs or lime in your beer

If your beer needs a lime, then you need to drink better beer. The same for tequila.
An icy cold Pacifico with a lime in it, while chilling on a beach is one of life’s greatest pleasures

I happen to like a slice of lime or, occasionally, orange in my beer, sometimes. Not a need. Just an occasional preference.

Lots of action since last night. The police and military did a sweep to arrest a bunch of individuals that are apparently involved in the crime/drug trad at different locations. A woman said she was robbed by the police and then a mob formed. The police drove with the woman hanging onto the front of a jeep they took....the mob chased the police and military out of the colonial. Today there is a very large military / police prescence all over because of threats..... Schools are being told to close for security reasons. Things just get more interesting day to day in Paradise.

Lots of action since last night. The police and military did a sweep to arrest a bunch of individuals that are apparently involved in the crime/drug trad at different locations. A woman said she was robbed by the police and then a mob formed. The police drove with a woman hanging onto the front of a jeep they took....the mob chased the police and military out of the colonial. Today there is a very large military / police prescence all over because of threats..... Schools are being told to close for security reasons. Things just get more interesting day to day in Paradise.
So confused by this "report"

Back
Top Bottom