Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say that things are 100% safe down here for all tourist activities in a relative sense but it has turned into quite the Wild West **** show. I heard another version of the 40 passenger bus for Carnival robbery and that ones tops it all off.......

It is safe - all the crap happening has zero to do with touristy stuff - downtown walking around is not a problem.

I have visited many places far more dangerous than Cozumel. I always take the usual precautions, never had an issue. My concern are the stories involving the police targeting the tourists. It is one thing to take precautions such as using room safe for all valuables, leaving car doors unlocked to prevent window from being smashed in, returning to lodging at a reasonable time, double checking your bill etc. The element of police harassment is a whole different beast. I love Cozumel and plan to return, but I will be a guarded.

I hate to pass on bad news but another shooting tonight av 10 calle 9 by cemetary. Three shots fired an another death though not certain victim died at this point
My nightly route home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom