Local Malaysian Film Company Seeking Survival Stories with Wildlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
We are researching for characters for an exciting new tv pitch entitled "Deadliest Neighbours" and are looking for people who have had close encounters with dangerous animals both on land and in the water in Malaysia.

If you have an interesting tale of survival against a deadly creature and are willing to be filmed and included in this pitch, please send me 3/4 sentences summarizing the interaction you had with the animal together with your name, photo and contact details. There is a sample of the format we are looking for is below.

Thanks so much for your help and I hope to hear from you soon,

Alex

Name: John Smith
Email: jsmith@example.com
Phone: +6012345678

Place of residence: Kota Kinabalu
Creature: Marbled stingray
Location of incident: Shark's cave, Layang Layang, Malaysia
Date of incident: May 2009

Brief synopsis:
"I was filming marble stingrays at 30 meters at the beginning of the dive when one kept circling me whilst I hovered about a meter off the sea bed. On the marble ray's third circle I must have got too close to it and it must have felt trapped by other divers around me. The next thing I knew I just felt its barb puncture my stomach. For some reason that morning I chose to wear a wetsuit... had I not made that decision the marble ray barb would have almost certainly penetrated deeper and envenomated me making the whole episode much more serious. As it turned out I was taken to hospital where they washed the puncture wound gave me two stitches and left me with a small scar on my stomach as a reminder not to get too close to those beautiful but dangerous creatures."

Back
Top Bottom