Local hose quality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyway bought a long hose from diver's point and how was the quality? Where do they buy the hoses?

(motivation: there was a thread earlier about dive shops in Manila, so I checked out Diver's Point and they had some good deals. One thing I need is a long (2m) primary hose, which was about $32 there. At TechAsia a long hose cost $45. I asked David Ross if there were big differences in hose qualities, and he said yes. He said their previous hoses had come from some Taiwan or some Asian supplier and that they had POS hose fittings with all sorts of problems, low quality o-rings and so forth. He said they get them from some US or Euro source now, united manufacturer or something, not sure exactly and that's why they cost more).

*Floater*:
Has anyway bought a long hose from diver's point and how was the quality? Where do they buy the hoses?

(motivation: there was a thread earlier about dive shops in Manila, so I checked out Diver's Point and they had some good deals. One thing I need is a long (2m) primary hose, which was about $32 there. At TechAsia a long hose cost $45. I asked David Ross if there were big differences in hose qualities, and he said yes. He said their previous hoses had come from some Taiwan or some Asian supplier and that they had POS hose fittings with all sorts of problems, low quality o-rings and so forth. He said they get them from some US or Euro source now, united manufacturer or something, not sure exactly and that's why they cost more).

the taiwanese stuff is getting better and better and honestly not far behind its US counterparts. anyway i can get you the apkes/halcyon longhouses for under $35. i also know the peeps who supply Dave ross:)

another dive shop you can check out is scubastop. Gordon will be able to help you out with the questions as he's a tech diver himself. Give them a call for their address.

Actually, his sig just says it's in Makati. I agree that the address in the sig would be useful.

Halthron:
Actually, his sig just says it's in Makati. I agree that the address in the sig would be useful.

Done...!

I had a 60$ dollar hose, made in Germany, but I sold the last one. It's supposed to have a bigger bore or internal volume.

I do believe I have an original OMS 7 foot hose for PHP 2,275.00

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom