Local celebrities photographed as Sally cooked burgers (Morrison Springs dive report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since I have to work tomorrow, I decided to get a couple dives in at Morrison today. The day started with the gate being locked when I got to the spring. It was after seven and after a little wait, I decided to take the back road in and get started gearing up. While doing so, I heard the clang of the lock being opened and the gate being pushed aside. You know who is the keeper of the gate so I get paid the obligatory visit from the officer. He started on the usual DEFCON 1 routine, "How did you get in here?" - "Do you have the combination?" - "That is not a road, They are towing cars!". After I did not return the barrage, he came back to DEFCON 5 and we had a nice conversation. He is keenly aware of the problems being caused by the local population of hooligans. He even said "At least you are a diver". He said they are having a hard time enforcing anything - sounded like rules were in place that have no laws to back them up - kinda puts the cops in a bad situation. So after a 15 - 20 minute chat, he leaves me to my lonesome. I geared up and hit the water. The water was crystal clear. I headed to the deep cavern and back to the small one and then back to the beach. The first sign of humans, other than myself and the cop, was a pickup on the beach as I ended my first dive. As I was getting out of the water, another truck pulled up - total of divers was 5 or 6. They did their dive as I did my SI. I geared up and entered for dive #2. I swam around what is left of the shallows looking in the roots and saw a turtle, some sunfish, and some bass. I attempted to go down the run, but the water was down to 1' just past the depression for the basin. Since my pony was dragging in the muck, I turned around and headed to the basin and played in the small cavern trying lots of settings on my camera. At the end of the dive I looked up and saw the headless bodies of local swimmers as they doggie paddled around the shallows. As I exited the water, there were all ages of folks enjoying the beach and spring.

Now comes the "local celebrity photo" part of the story. I went to our favorite feeding trough, Sally's. It was very busy and I had a longer than usual wait for my food so I decided to get the camera and start deleting the crummy shots I had taken while I waited. I also decided to take some shots of the inside of the restaurant. Here is a pic of Sally hard at work:

728sally.jpg

So I sit the camera on my table to take a long shot of the room and one of the three guys at the next table says something about my taking a picture. I returned the usual joke, "are you afraid you'll crack the lens?". I changed some settings on the camera and lined up for another shot - the guys were getting up to leave as I snapped the shot. I went back to eating my meal and, when done, I went out to my car which was down by the lake. As I came out the door of the restaurant, I hear a loud belch from one of the three guys that were in the picture. I joke again "that must have been good" referring to the food. The guy that had said some thing about me taking pictures inside says "it was" and immediately begins to interrogate me as to why I was taking pictures. He also said he didn't like having his picture taken. His tone was rather anxious and my brain started putting two and two together - this guy has something to hide! I guess they were "local celebrities" that didn't want any publicity - what do you think? :wink: I told them I would fix it so no one could recognize them - here is my attempt, I don't think I did such a good job (I would recognize them anywhere :laughing:):

728donkeys.jpg

Here are some pics from the dive:

728top1.jpg

728eelxing.jpg

728eel.jpg

And some more pics:

728sunf.jpg

728bass.jpg

728bowl.jpg

728smcav.jpg

728roots2.jpg

728roots1.jpg

Perhaps the last time their photo was taken it wound up on the wall at the post office!

Nice shots.

Nice pictures dude! I'm with TJ.. or maybe these guys are part of the local Sexual Predator list and haven't registered their new addresses in a few years...

Nice pictures. But I think you may have used the wrong end of the Donkey to disguise the men.

Very Very good Yoda.

Ya know.. I was driving today and it occured to me that the edited photo brings new meaning Heeeeeeeee-Haww!

The one guy sounded a "little horse" :D.

Can't ya just taste the fries in Sally's picture - I can!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom