Lobsters are back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course, taking lobsters on Scuba in Maine is both illegal and dangerous if caught by a lobsterman...[/QUOTE

Pretty dangerous if you get caught by us law-abiding divers too.
Not as illegal in Mass with an out of state license. But you knew that...

I did two dives June 7th on the North Shore. Bottom temps were 48-50° at depth. Lots of nasty surge and vis was 10-15' at best but there were some bugs around. We saw some Lobzillas over 10 lbs and lots of oversized eggers. The legal bugs we got were all hard shelled and packed with meat. I ended up with 11 and my buddy got 9. Great day on the water and I can't wait to go again this week!

That's a very nice tally of bugs!
You have inspired me(and reminded me) to renew my MA lobster permit.
The dive I did last week was 49°, still was able to tolerate it with my thin wet suit, but will be diving south of Cape Cod for the next dive or two.

I did two dives June 7th on the North Shore. Bottom temps were 48-50° at depth. Lots of nasty surge and vis was 10-15' at best but there were some bugs around. We saw some Lobzillas over 10 lbs and lots of oversized eggers. The legal bugs we got were all hard shelled and packed with meat. I ended up with 11 and my buddy got 9. Great day on the water and I can't wait to go again this week!

From boat? My buddy and I dove from shore today, got 6 each. Not as impressive as your catch, but not bad for 1st dive of the season. A few got away. Saw some Lobzillas too. The size of a coffee table.

My new best friend...send me some over here.

Yes. My buddy and I each have boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom