Lobstering in Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Riz

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help...I just received my Lobstering Lisence and looking for any and all information that you can share, are there area entry points??..i've heard stonington point is a site up till memorial day.....there must be spots...and trick to getting lobsters w/o a boat on the Ct coast???.....looking forward to the tricks...and any and all advice
thanks
Jim

Having experienced this in Connecticut before, I would recommend you exercise caution in where you do your lobstering in Connecticut. Firstly... contact the DEP to find out where you are allowed.

The biggest trick is not getting attacked by lobstermen. If they see a dive flag within a quarter mile of one of their pots, they freak out and are all over you like white on rice... I have heard tales of people being shot at. Best advice is to steer clear of pots, because even if you are obeying all laws, someone is going to assume you are robbing them.

Jim Riz:
Wondering if anyone can help...I just received my Lobstering Lisence and looking for any and all information that you can share, are there area entry points??..i've heard stonington point is a site up till memorial day.....there must be spots...and trick to getting lobsters w/o a boat on the Ct coast???.....looking forward to the tricks...and any and all advice
thanks
Jim

Greetings,

I unfortunately do not have any info for you regarding lobstering tips in CT. I am a recent transplant from CA, and would appreciate any and all info regarding lobstering and good information sources for out here. Thank you for your help,

Joe

You can dive stonington before 8-9 am or after 5 pm. After the beach closes and your free to go anytime all year round.

Waterford boat launch is another good place but you cant dive of boat launches in CT.

Thats all there is for shore diving in CT for lobsters that I know of. There is Eastern Point St beach but don't know how lobstering is. Your best bet is to get a buddy with a boat and explore. He provids the boat you provide the lobster license.

Take care

Chris

Jim Riz:
thanks
Jim

Stonington is a good site - see this link: Stonington Point - Stonington, CT

~W

have been there plenty of times. but am wanting to dive the other side of the point. (that would be to the left of the parking lot as you drive in) If its possible, enter at the beach and swim all the way around? or make my way down the rocks?
What the current like and topography?

lol...we've been playing phone tag for a while now. I was the last one to leave a message on your phone...your turn now...actually, I'm at work now. I'll call you now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom