Lobster mini-season!!! What are your plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill wait until the reg season when the lobsters come out of hiding.Those that survived the laugh a thon at least.

going out of palm beach area will report with post and hopefully pics full bags of lobsters

I'll be at LBTS at 4am tomorrow morning. :) Anyone that would like to join me, please give me a call 954 650 5789. If you get the Voicemail, PLEASE leave a message and I will call you back ASAP

DebbyDiver:
Omigosh, I can't believe that nobody has seriously posted about mini-season yet!!!

I'm not organizing a dive, but I want to see what everyone else is doing...

I am kayak diving at o-dark-thirty on Wednesday morning, but I could be arm-twisted into some other dives...boat, beach, kayak, it's all good.

So what are YOU doing for mini-season?

Lets see.. I'm staying home and not diving. Crazy people on the water with no licensing to ensure they know how to drive the water weapons known as boats! I would man the deck gun if we can find one so I can keep yawl below flags safe and sound! :D

Well, that and...well, you know the rest Debby. Oh, and no butter :)

In the old days when they experimented with Sportsman’s on a weekend (bad idea) I told my host that I was happy to run the boat when me and my buddies were the “up team.” I recall a strong current and plenty of eager divers anchoring their boats to swim with it. I think I set a local record of picking up six stranded divers in 5 hrs the first day (I was looking for them). One had drifted so far before surfacing (without turning around) that his boat was out of sight. At least he had a flag. I followed two wayward divers from another boat by their bubbles alone. They had left their baby sitter on board and two small children snorkeling above them. The baby sitter did not know how to operate a boat nor did she speak much English.

So without trying to sound arrogant, don’t we owe it to our challenged brethren and sistren to look out for them on the one (or two) days a year they might really need our help? I have had commitments and contingencies for the past 4 years so 6am tomorrow I will be on my friend, Sam’s, boat. All prayers are welcome.

—Bob

I'm splitting the difference this year. Even though I'm off today, I have other plans. Don't care to join the crazies out there. But I'm also off tomorrow, and do plan to dive, at a civilized hour.

Is this a sign that I'm growing up, or simply growing old?

Stay home and read some diving magazines. I feel for the Coast Guard can't imagine what's in store for them. :shakehead

We only took 27 this morning. Top-to-bottom viz in 100' and calm seas.
It was crowded on the way in - from Highland Beach down to Boca inlet, there must have been at least 20 boats out there.
Boca Lake had four boats anchored, and there was a boat launching as I threw the trailer in.
Sheer insanity.

There were seventy bazillion boats where I was, but everyone was behaving themselves. It was pretty nice. I made two dives from the kayak; my GPS said I was about .61 nautical miles offshore. I got five nice bugs on my first dive and two got away (in the learning curve of my new snare...I'm trying to ditch the net). I caught three bugs on the second dive, but two were full of eggs. I LIKE SEEING THAT!!

I was pretty much the only one on the beach, beach diving or kayaking, who even SAW a lobster so I don't feel bad "only" bringing home six.

100_3356.jpg

Bottom line: I wasn't at work, and I was kayaking and diving. Any questions? :rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom