Lobster Diving Liveaboard Boats in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm from California and we have minimalistic dive boats that take you on 2-3 day trips. They provide sleeping, food and air and not much else but are reasonably cheap (~$100-150/day). Is there something similar in Florida? What areas in general (south east, keys, etc) are best for lobsters? Is there any good lobster diving near Orlando (got to go to Disney World for a first timer!)?

If I do a bunch of diving, it seems like a bunch of extra costs for accommodations, rental car to get down to the boat, meals, etc. Thanks a lot.

There was a boat out of Miami called the SEAFEVER, but I just found out she's been sold and no longer in business. :flush:

Personally, I think the best spot is the middle keys (around Marathon). East coast/Miami area and lower keys are over fished. The boys up in Jacksonville claim to catch some big ones, but they're going really deep up there for 'em!

Ultimate Getaway out of Ft Myers does live aboard trips to the Dry Tortugas.

Includes boat, tanks/weights, air fills, meals, etc. Crew tip not included and sheets/blankets/sleeping-bag/towels not included.

While not as cheap as you’re looking for, the M/V Playmate runs some great trips out of Key West and they provide some pretty nice amenities for the price. I’ve never done one of their spearfishing or lobstering trips, but I have done some custom charters aboard the boat out to Fort Jefferson and was very impressed with the entire operation.

http://www.spearfishingcharters.com/index.html

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom