Lobos Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dairy Barn is supposed to be pretty nice.

It is; hot showers, flush toilets, full kitchen, wood-burning stove for heat. It has a few beds but we usually pitch a tent outside for a little privacy.
We usually have a big ab feast Saturday night during this event.

Ben

You can join ReefCheck(Reef Check - Saving Reefs Worldwide) and dive an area off-limits to most on the once-a-year charter. I'm headed to Pt Lobos this Saturday on the Monterey Express for 2 surveys. And I dove earlier this year free (on a survey).
Yes, this is a plug for a worthwhile, non-profit organization (IMHO).

Ben

I think I see Ben!

Last weekend the Express was there and the Beachhopper. BTW someone dropped about 100ft of 1/2-3/4 thick rope... Looked like white poly with a brass snap on it... It's laying in about 100 spread out on the East side of Betos reef right near where it starts

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 37
BTW someone dropped about 100ft of 1/2-3/4 thick rope... Looked like white poly with a brass snap on it... It's laying in about 100 spread out on the East side of Betos reef right near where it starts

If it was poly, it would float.

I guess I failed Rope identification at 100 FSW... :idk:

It was definitely synthetic... white... looked like it had some small flags for markers... (depth markers?) We were scooting and had planned a very short time on the reef so picking it up wasn't a bright idea (specially at 100 ft with the clock ticking) and I didn't know if the owner was going to attempt a recovery soon.

If it's still there next weekend maybe I'll clean it up

It might have been someones anchor line off a kayak... I saw one end with the brass snap but I didn't spend the time to find the other end... it could have had an anchor that had fouled

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom