Lobos Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Dan. I think that's one of the nice things about going out on Phil's boat -- because there are so few people on it, it's easy to reach consensus as to what people are willing to deal with.

You can join ReefCheck(Reef Check - Saving Reefs Worldwide) and dive an area off-limits to most on the once-a-year charter. I'm headed to Pt Lobos this Saturday on the Monterey Express for 2 surveys. And I dove earlier this year free (on a survey).
Yes, this is a plug for a worthwhile, non-profit organization (IMHO).

Ben

You can join ReefCheck(Reef Check - Saving Reefs Worldwide) and dive an area off-limits to most on the once-a-year charter. I'm headed to Pt Lobos this Saturday on the Monterey Express for 2 surveys. And I dove earlier this year free (on a survey).
Yes, this is a plug for a worthwhile, non-profit organization (IMHO).

Ben

Sadly, I can't make it this weekend. I passed the training class in May and have been on two survey trips. I will be at the Sonoma Coast camp out survey next month.

We also do charters at Lobos with the required State Parks permits and a reservations etc. Drop me an email if interested in more specifics.

Dan
Do you use the RIB in your photos? Looks like it holds six divers, is that correct?

BTW you might want to reverse the U and the T in your sig link.

I will be at the Sonoma Coast camp out survey next month.
Where is the survery going to be performed this round? I think they already did Gerstle. Which campground is the crew going to be at? Other than Gerstle most of them are really nice. Gerstle just gets really windy at times.

Hmm... for some reason I thought the Escapade has done this in the past also.

My mistake.

Jim Capwell has the permit too, he only does Point Lobos charter per request and needs at least 8 to 10 divers committed to the charter.

Where is the survery going to be performed this round? I think they already did Gerstle. Which campground is the crew going to be at? Other than Gerstle most of them are really nice. Gerstle just gets really windy at times.
They have reseved the Dairy Barn at Stillwater Cove Ranch.
In the prior years, we have surveyed Ft Ross, Gerstle, Stillwater, and Ocean Cove. It depends on weather and the amount of people who show up.

Ben

The Dairy Barn is supposed to be pretty nice. Not sure I would call that camping though :wink: We have discussed renting it before, but usually just go tent/car camping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom