LJ Shores Dive Report 1/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

My buddies (Jessica/Jarrod-oldo) and I went to LJ Shores yesterday. Jarrod called the lifeguard’s number and vis was supposed to be 5ft. Well, truth at 15 ft. but at 80 ft vis it had to be more than 15ft. We went off Vallecitos, descended down to 40ft or so. We hit 80ft on the north wall at 57oF water temperature. Then we noticed a missing wet-suit diver. Yes, this goes for all of you who have the habit to disappear after 70ft in the thermo clime and not follow your dive buddies… PLEASE GET A DRYSUIT !!!! and NO they do not squeeze to death !!!

Anyhow, we made it thru and had a great dive. We spotted the usual stingrays (sorry no mantas), horn shark, crab, lots of octopus, squid etc…

BTW...there are no showers anymore at Vallecitos...construction!

Ed

velasced:
Anyhow, we made it true and had a great dive. We spotted the usual manta ray, horn shark, crab, lots of octopus, squid etc…

Ed

Glad to hear the MANTA RAYS are back at the shores. :wink: I think you probably saw stingrays, bat rays perhaps. IF you DID see mantas, count yourself unique in all the world and call Scripps Institute quickly. They will want to know.

All joking aside, thanks for posting the report. Are you going to join us at the Wrinkles event on Saturday???

Terry

Hey Ed

Thanks for posting the dive report. Giving us hope that are driving down from the OC for the monthly Wrinkles get together. It's been raining here in the OC, and viz has been p soup!

Hope you can make it! Quite a group will be there.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom