living in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone,

i plan on taking about 3-4 months off and living in se asia. i am mainly focused on thailand right now. i also want to spend all of my time improving my diving education, i want to increase to divemaster. i dont have all the money in the world so staying at a top hotel is way out of the question. anybody know any diving facilitites in thailand that offer accomidations, education, all that stuff in one package for a long period of time for a good price. kind of like a internship program. and how is transportation in thailand. i dont plan on having a car so can i get around another way. anyones experiences with thailand would be greatly appreciated. diving related or other. how did you like it? was it expensive to live? easy to get around? all that stuff. thanks so much everyone!

Saw a number of folks doing this on Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi while I was there. Don't know any of the details, but a Google search on SCUBA and one of those islands should pull up some info for you. Neither one of those would require a vehicle.

Dr. Bill

Island Hoppa:
hey everyone,

i plan on taking about 3-4 months off and living in se asia. i am mainly focused on thailand right now. i also want to spend all of my time improving my diving education, i want to increase to divemaster. i dont have all the money in the world so staying at a top hotel is way out of the question. anybody know any diving facilitites in thailand that offer accomidations, education, all that stuff in one package for a long period of time for a good price. kind of like a internship program. and how is transportation in thailand. i dont plan on having a car so can i get around another way. anyones experiences with thailand would be greatly appreciated. diving related or other. how did you like it? was it expensive to live? easy to get around? all that stuff. thanks so much everyone!

If you posted this in the 'Asia' subforum, you'd get a lot more answers.

spog:
If you posted this in the 'Asia' subforum, you'd get a lot more answers.

Indeed - lol

OK, I moved the thread from Australia and Pacific Islands to Asia section so hopefully there will be more inputs from this section!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom