living barnacles in the body

where to get help help with barnicles living in your body

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan, that's the theory put forward by one of the marine biologists at the Marine Lab, and retained fragments can certainly cause the type of infection that this gentleman experienced. They can even migrate. The catch in this case is that the surgeon kept having to go in and debride new growths, all of which were identified in the pathology lab. It would be interesting to find out what else could cause recurring calcified growths that a lab would identify as "barnacle".

Best regards,
DDM

Reactions: Dan
I certainly don't know much about osteopathic medicine, but it seems plausible that barnacle fragments embedded near the bone could stimulate additional growth on the bone itself or even ectopically in softer tissue. I just wonder if these growths could be mistaken for the living calcareous organism?

This was all so 10 years ago...

I think the holistic treatment for barnacles growing in the body is to introduce whelks into the patients. The whelks will feed on the barnacles and keep them under control. The next step in the treatment is to introduce crabs and isopods to eat the whelks. The final step is to introduce octopuses and sheepsheads to eat the crabs.

There's a hole, there's a hole
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom