living barnacles in the body

where to get help help with barnicles living in your body

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rocketdog

Reaction score
hello everyone,
im trying to help a friend, 20 years a ago she was pushed out of a boat, she landed on a oyster bed in the bay / gulf waters of houston. present in both feet attached to the bottom ligament of the foot is a barnicle, living, sometimes it gets bigger, red, and sore.......sometimes it gets enlarged and sore for long periods........but goes back to its original size.
Recently its been real sore and under 1 foot it multiplied thers now 2 of them.
Is there anyone with any info on this issue, or is there a facility that can help with this problem.
Please all help and info is needed.

Thank you much
Rocketdog

rocketdog:
hello everyone,
im trying to help a friend, 20 years a ago she was pushed out of a boat, she landed on a oyster bed in the bay / gulf waters of houston. present in both feet attached to the bottom ligament of the foot is a barnicle, living, sometimes it gets bigger, red, and sore.......sometimes it gets enlarged and sore for long periods........but goes back to its original size.
Is there anyone with any info on this issue, or is there a facility that can help with this problem.

Thank you much
Rocketdog
R-dog,

I recommend you have your friend look in the yellow pages to find a good Podiatrist.

Good luck with that, :wink:

Doc

I used to have Super Human Powers,
until my therapist took them away...

Yeah! :shakehead Well I am going to go out on a limb, and think that if I have a living barnacle INSIDE my body....I would go and seek medical help. But I could be wrong on this one :confused:

wish i was kidding......... doctors here cant help, they dont know what to do and is afraid to operate. looking for some one who has expeienced the same type of problem with barnicles, or direction to real medical professional info..........cancer, tape worms......etc.......barnicles a parasite is there a research facility out there.....just thought that experienced scuba divers would be helpfull on this subject.

I sincerely doubt this is a living barnacle.

It is, however, possible that there are fragments of barnacle shell embedded in the foot that have never worked their way out. Unlikely, but possible.

More likely is one of a number of diagnoses of painful masses on the sole of the foot, including plantar warts.

I would refer your friend to a podiatrist.

rocketdog,

You may fare better if you post your query in the Marine Science & Physiology forum or the Diving Medicine sub-forum.

As well, it might help if you fill in your profile a bit; at least so people know where you're located.

Call a podiatrist, (or The Ghostbusters)!

rocketdog:
hello everyone,

Thank you much
Rocketdog

weird

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom