Living and diving in three-quarter time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[video=youtube_share;Rx7z3anHH0c]http://youtu.be/Rx7z3anHH0c[/video]

We came upon this big ole Jewfish on the Spiegel Grove today .. in the crews' mess deck. He moved slowly away and did not thump or seem startled at all. We were on CCR's... so no bubbles & no noise.

Jewfish2.jpg

Last edited:
My New Office

I plotted the primary routes we use at Ocean Divers on Google Earth.

Routes.jpg

If you have been following this thread you know I have been associated with Ocean Divers in Key Largo since February 2014.

Working hard to learn all three of their boats as well as all the navigation to and from all the dive sites has kept me busy and in the midst of watching their many OWSI's run entry level through divemaster programs.

It was very refreshing to discover that all the mates on the boats are OWSI's, all the Captains are at least OWSI's.

What I am most impressed with is the quality of instruction that I see all the Ocean Divers staff instructors give. I see a complete sense of pride and professionalism exhibited by all of these instructors. No corners are cut, no standards ignored, no diver certified unless s/he is competent as a diver at the level certified to.

Many of you know that I have long ranted over the status of all levels of instruction , entry level all the way through tech & cave. Well there is no such deficency at Ocean Divers.

If I was asked whether or not to refer a friend or loved one to Ocean Divers' instructorrs I could do so very happily.

The image is one of the OD instructors and a DM candidate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 239
Thanks for sharing!

Today's big question... can you be hired to guide divers on the Speigel Grove? If so, can you tell us how much?

I am glad to conduct guided dives. The fee depends upon what you want..starts at $150

Last edited:
Beautiful days at Key Largo

Boat.jpg

We have had flat calm seas & 80 feet of visibility for the past 2 weeks.....

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpg

Last edited:
Tech trip to Spiegel Grove July 26 & 27, 2014

We had 2 great days of diving with the Dive-Rite crew on the Spiegel Grove. We went both days on the Green boat, Ocean Diver that is run by Ocean Divers.

There were mostly Optima Rebreathers both days but we also had a rEvo and some OC divers in the mix. Run times were as long as three hours with decompression times around 30 minutes. The hangs were tough as we were flapping in the breeze with the current.

GOPR0597.jpg
Jared & John Jones.jpgGroup.jpgKristi.jpg

GOPR0608.jpg
Kenny.jpg
Guess_What.jpg
Guess What this is!!

SG-Profile.jpg
Profile uploaded from my Shearwater Petrel from the dive on July 26, 2014.

On August 4-8 I am conducting a rEvo CCR air diluent class in Key Largo. Two spaces open.

On August 11-17 I am conducting an advanced nitrox / Deco procedures class in Key Largo. Four spaces open.

On August 21 & 22 I am conducting a stage diver class at the full cave level in High Springs. I have two spaces open for that class.

On August 23 & 24 I am conducting a cavern class in High Springs. I have two spaces open for that class.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom