liveaboards in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone
just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good liveaboard. i recently went out with similian pro dive and would definately not recommend them. to me it seemed that the air tasted bad. it kept giving me terrible headaches, that ruined my dives. i also tried a day trip out of phuket to king cruiser, shark point with south siam and it seemed that there air tasted bad as well becuase i kept getting headaches. can anyone recommend a good, reputable liveaboard where the air is clean and you have the option of diving nitrox. i dont think i will ever use south siam or similian pro dive ever again. thanks so much for the info.
-matt

Island Hoppa:
hey everyone
just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good liveaboard. i recently went out with similian pro dive and would definately not recommend them. to me it seemed that the air tasted bad. it kept giving me terrible headaches, that ruined my dives. i also tried a day trip out of phuket to king cruiser, shark point with south siam and it seemed that there air tasted bad as well becuase i kept getting headaches. can anyone recommend a good, reputable liveaboard where the air is clean and you have the option of diving nitrox. i dont think i will ever use south siam or similian pro dive ever again. thanks so much for the info.
-matt

Interesting, I didn't have that problem with South Siam on my LAB trip to the Similans.
However, those are big boats, http://www.southsiamdivers.com/south_siam3.html

and the little boat I believe you were on to KC I've avoided (because it's small).
http://www.southsiamdivers.com/south_siam2.html

One word of caution: it's hot down there, dehydration is easy, so drink lots of water.
My hotel fridge was filled with nothing but water bottles.

Went with Colona VI in December.
Nice medium size boat with no more than 12 or 14 divers not remember exactly. Not luxury but all the room with AC and your own bath. Really great food, good dive master, very international people.
Going again with them in 10 days for the Similan/Surin tour.

Rhapsody is nice also, though slightly more expensive since they take only 8 passengers.

=> well, see separate thread on this: Rhapsody is no more. Sank.

We went out with MV Viking and had a great trip.

dicgo:
We went out with MV Viking and had a great trip.

If you mean the Viking of the Orient unfortunately it's not running this year. They cancelled the whole season after the tsunami.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom