Liveaboard vs. Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is better for dinner....Steak, or Lobster?

Of course, they are both great.

Bonaire vs a good liveaboard is exactly the same. Both great. The only way to find which you prefer is by trying them.

As an aside, an excellent liveaboard is worth every penny. Bonaire is worth every bit of sweat to get into each dive site.

All the best, James

You know what a trip to Bonaire will be; relaxing, leisurely, crystal clear water.
A liveaboard trip regardless of where it is will allow you to experience new things.
Whether you go on the cheaper Blackbeards, moderate Sail Juliet, or high end Aquacat you'll experience dives you could only imagine.
Keep in mind that some of these dives may be advanced, wrecks, drift dives, heavy current. The balancing factor is that you can see life in the ocean you just can't see in Bonaire.
I recently went out on the Sail Juliet for their Keys trip. During that trip I was greeted by an 8' hammerhead, a 10' manta ray, and multiple 400+lb jewfish. Also, on that trip I experienced strong currents, seas tossing the boat about, and watched as other divers had to be picked up by the chase boat. If you are looking an adventure I'd go with the liveaboard, if you are looking for a relaxing week diving in the bath tub Bonaire is the way to go.

Either way, have a great time, and let us know how it went.

Never heard of a crime problem on a liveaboard. Just sayin'

You'd have to say that the liveaboard would be much easier than shore diving in Bonaire. While just tossing the tanks in the truck and going is pretty simple, waking up and walking up stairs and getting on the skiff is even easier. To compare costs, you have to throw everything you get on a liveaboard onto the land price. For one person, it's pretty close in price. More than 2 people is going to start skewing towards the land based because you don't pay double for your hotel room like you do on the liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom