liveaboard.com Can I trust them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to me that most of the posters in this thread will only give them more grief no matter how they respond.

They've probably realized that and so, have gone silent.

If you folks had really wanted a satisfactory response, then you should have approached differently.

This is my opinion as a general member and not as a mod.

Au contraire. Every response so far by liveaboard.com has been a pithy attempt at reconciliation without taking any action to fix the problem. I think that our rep on board had sincere intentions but was unable to effect any change with her higher-ups and they’ve told her to shut up.

Bottom line: Don’t trust their reviews. I believe that they’re mostly self-generated and horribly skewed.

A “satisfactory response” might look like what exactly?

That’s very presumptive of you to decide how each poster might respond.

Why beat around the bush or use euphemisms when you see something that is just plain wrong?

What Liveaboard is doing is just plain wrong. Call it out. Don’t defend it.

BTW. I thought there was a general rule if you’re participating in a thread you shouldn’t moderate the thread.

I'm not moderating the thread.

A “satisfactory response” might look like what exactly?

That’s very presumptive of you to decide how each poster might respond.

Why beat around the bush or use euphemisms when you see something that is just plain wrong?

What Liveaboard is doing is just plain wrong. Call it out. Don’t defend it.

BTW. I thought there was a general rule if you’re participating in a thread you shouldn’t moderate the thread.

Well, you tell me? What would have satisfied you?

My contention is that nothing they said would have satisfied you.

Further, I suspect that the majority of the people posting in here, never have used liveaboard.com and never would have in any event. Yet here you are, behaving as if you've each individually been mortally wounded by this company. smh

Oh please ... mortally wounded. Come on, it’s not a trivial thing but those words are just plain inflammatory.

It’s fraudulent to contrive a rating system that is not what it portrays to be.

I asked you first about a ‘satisfactory reposnse’ so you first then I’ll reply and happily prove your contention wrong.

Reactions: Jay
Oh please ... mortally wounded. Come on, it’s not a trivial thing but those words are just plain inflammatory.

It’s fraudulent to contrive a rating system that is not what it portrays to be.

I asked you first about a ‘satisfactory reposnse’ so you first then I’ll reply and happily prove your contention wrong.

But Jay my contention was that nothing the company could tell you would be satisfactory. I didn't say that I had a satisfactory answer.

So again, what could the company tell you that would ease your mind?

But Jay my contention was that nothing the company could tell you would be satisfactory. I didn't say that I had a satisfactory answer.

So again, what could the company tell you that would ease your mind?

Pick one.

1. We've published a fair proportion of reviews that are less than complimentary of any of our boats.

2. We've published an honest review without censoring the content.

3. We've agreed to publish @Alberto Ruiz-Larrea 's review without dubious "gussy up" activities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom