Live from roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, you all make me want to just move on down there, and I haven't even been yet. However, we'll be visiting for one wonderful day off the Norwegian Spirit on Feb. 24th. My goal is to find a dive operator who could take me to the best sites of the day. After all the reading, winds, north shore, south shore, East, west- I'm so confused.

I'll be limited by day and time- 8 am to 5 pm, and where the boat will be docked- not sure.

Can you please direct me to a good dive operator for my situation?

Then, if I love it as much as I think I will, I can come back and stay for awhile and give advice to others as you do.

Thanks and Happy Floating!

Crayolabarb

One of the reputable operators that can take care of you is Coconut tree divers. they are situated on the North side. I believe diving can also be arranged at Cocoview (even though you are from a cruise) which is on the South side. Either would be a great experience I'm sure. Contact them and see how things can be worked out around the cruise schedule. :coffee:

I'm heading down to Utopia in Utila for a week and then will be at FI on the 19th for 6 days. My first time at FI. Do they provide hangers for gear? Do they provide towels for the small amount of time I'll spend at the pool/beach when not diving?

My first time at FI. Do they provide hangers for gear??

They try but the hangers seem to "grow feet" on a regular basis so don't count on it,

Do they provide towels for the small amount of time I'll spend at the pool/beach when not diving?

Yes, ask for them at the registration desk

Boy, you all make me want to just move on down there, and I haven't even been yet. However, we'll be visiting for one wonderful day off the Norwegian Spirit on Feb. 24th. My goal is to find a dive operator who could take me to the best sites of the day. After all the reading, winds, north shore, south shore, East, west- I'm so confused.

I'll be limited by day and time- 8 am to 5 pm, and where the boat will be docked- not sure.

Can you please direct me to a good dive operator for my situation?

Crayolabarb

Try and get in contact with Mish at Native Sons in West End.
Native Sons Dive Shop - Roatan, Honduras - Dive Tours and Certification

I was working for them over Xmas and New Years and we had a lot of clients from the cruise ships.
It's easy to get to the West End from wherever the Ship docks and as the last dive normally finishes before 4pm, you will have no trouble getting back to the boat on time.
I think two dives will cost you approx $70 and that includes gear hire. The taxi's will be a rip-off as they like to fleece cruise-shipers.
Anymore info feel free to PM me.

I'm heading down to Utopia in Utila for a week and then will be at FI on the 19th for 6 days. My first time at FI. Do they provide hangers for gear? Do they provide towels for the small amount of time I'll spend at the pool/beach when not diving?

Hey lucid -

Each gear locker has a shelf to place items on. There is a hook underneath to hang your BCD on to dry. Next to the shelf is an area to hang items and they do provide a hanger for each locker, but other divers nab them on a regular basis. I have my own large plastic hangers with our names on them. If somebody steals THAT I can hunt them down easily :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom