Live aboard for nondiving spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son and I did 2 trips on the Aquacat and both times had multiple non-diving wives on board. Of the Liveaboards I've done the 'cat was the only one that seemed to have the option of multiple daily trips to a local sandbar or fishing or kayaking that kept them all happy. Then again, none of the other Liveaboard trips I've done (Cayman, Belize, and T&C aggressor & CEXII) had a non-diving spouse onboard. I think the Cuan Law is a better option though a little less diving.

I saw this in one of the ads, Floating Resort by Scubaspa | Maldives. It looks like the good option for non diving spouses. When we did our liveaboard in T&C, there was a non diving spouse. She enjoyed watching her husband and kids diving and reading books. From time to time, the crew took her snorkeling but it depended on location.

Then again, none of the other Liveaboard trips I've done (Cayman, Belize, and T&C aggressor & CEXII) had a non-diving spouse onboard. I think the Cuan Law is a better option though a little less diving.

We just got back from a T&C Aggressor trip. It was fantastic, but it would be a terrible choice if you have a non-diving spouse. 5 dives per day, no shore excursions, and the boat generally moored in water that was too deep for good snorkeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom