Little Rock, Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

try asking ricks dive and travel they have a good staff and will help

If you come down towards Lake Ouachita, I'd be glad to assist you.

scuba-archery(dot)com

we also have a large floating shop on Lake Ouachita at Brady Mountain that is open during the spring/summer season. I have a 21 ft dive boat there that I take charters out on, but would be happy to talk you through finding all the best spots!

I think all the dive shops in the Little Rock area either offer boat excursions or can direct you to shore sites for diving. I know Rick's does Lake Ouachita and Dive Shop II does excursions on Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs (north of LR). Poppa Smurph's in Sheridan does Lake Ouachita boat excursions and Dive Shop Billy in El Dorado does shore diving in Lake DeGray just west of Arkadelphia. All of the above lakes are US Corps of Engineer lakes where you can spearfish for gamefish.

Of the 3 lakes above, Lake Ouachita usually seems to have the best visibility since it is surrounded by national forest which helps reduce silt runoff.

In no particular order:

Rick's (NLR) - 800-521-three,five,four,one___Lake Ouachita
Dive Shop II (LR) - 501-666-three,four,eight,three___Greer's Ferry Lake
Poppa Smurph (SHER) - 870-942-five,six,seven,five___Lake Ouachita
Dive Shop Billy (ELD) - 870-864-zero,one,eight,five___DeGray Lake

As I mentioned before I'm sure any of the local dive shops either offer excursions or can answer your questions about shore diving on "their" lakes - I just know about these four personally.

Ocean Extreme Dive and Travel is a good shop to (501)812-0006. Great people. One of the guys there has a website, divesitesinarkansas.com. It's a pretty good site that has dive sites for several different lakes. Just thought I share.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom