Little Gathering 8/9/08 at Spanish Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I told you guys all of this yesterday and that the weather was crap....its an electrical storm going on now with my trash can blowing down the street. Viz is less than one foot as I stated. Bring boogie boards and have fun. Why dive in this crap. You all can still have alot of fun.

Yeah the only way im gettnig wet is if i stand outside lol. So instead of the xfiles we seeing the Mummy. That will help out for 3 hrs of the day heehee. It will have to be WOW for the rest.

This is so bad we are not even going to continue on to the site as I can't imagine anyone would be there waiting to dive. This isn't even a possibility.

Will log back on when I get back home, posting from laptop now.

The weather sucks. I was really looking forward to this. Next time, I guess...

Ditto

I was looking forward to this all week - but saftey first. Anybody up for a reschedule? But it is a long drive for what is shaping up to not such a good dive. I can't wait till next time and finally get to meet some of you guys. Anybody doing anything tomorrow?

Personally, I have plans for tomorrow. Additionally, I'm thinking the rocks aren't going to be cleared out by tmrw. So if anyone does do anything, it will have to be a spring.

So I take it we're not meeting at the Rocks today. Is everyone going to try and go tomarrow?

I was heading out there, just to meet with those that may not have checked the board, but it was so bad just a couple miles from there I couldn't fathom anyone being there ready to dive so I just turned on around.

If I can get my van back before 10, I'm heading for D. Den... I've got to get wet somewhere....

does anyone know if Paradise Spring is open today???

Hudson Grotto is supposed to be having a huge anniversary party today, FWIW.

I told you guys all of this yesterday and that the weather was crap....its an electrical storm going on now with my trash can blowing down the street. Viz is less than one foot as I stated. Bring boogie boards and have fun. Why dive in this crap. You all can still have alot of fun.

That would have been on the 6th that you thought it might be bad, based on your dive the previous Sunday (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3744397-post77.html). Please keep in mind, conditions are ever changing :) Typically, I will read reports from those that have been around the board for a while, whose reports, over time, I have found to be reliable. I also check w/ NOAA and often will get a visual for myself. Please note, too often NOAA is way off the mark. Today, clearly they weren't :sad:

Anywho, we still plan on heading out the Zeagle event tonight for those that are interested :multi:: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/244114-wire-clearwater-aug-9th-23rd.html

Well....Missdirected....what would I know I live there. Only one couple showed up besides myself. Just to walk on the beach. Sorry I don't have "been on the board for awhile" status as I have things to do. Maybe next time guys.

Last edited:
awwww bernie mac died

I just saw that. Now we've lost two great comedians in the last month or so. Bernie Mac and George Carlin.

Who remembers "Toledo Window Box"?

Sunday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 87. West northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

So does anyone wanna try a dive tommorrow? Grotto, Rainbow, Crystal....

We had a blast and met two very kewl members. Brodie and his wife.

No we didn't dive, but we did have a blast in the water. Great body surfing waves.

Let's set a new date.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom