Little Cayman vs. Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveatlas once bubbled...
I like the diving on Little Cayman much better. Topside on Bonaire is much better. Overall, I say I had more fun on Bonaire, and it's less expensive. If you are a dive freak and money is no object, do Little Cayman. I have trip reports from both locations.

Bonaire Trip Report

Little Cayman Trip Report

Have fun at either place!

Nice dive reports!! Like all the pictures.

Allow me to add a little different twist to the original post.

I have a group of 4 to 6 divers. We want to get in as much diving as we can. Probably go out in mid-February.

Diving is the big thing on this trip, so an all-inclusive would be just fine.

Under those circumstances would you do Bonaire, LC or Brac?

Thanks.

atxdiver once bubbled...
Allow me to add a little different twist to the original post.

We want to get in as much diving as we can. Probably go out in mid-February. Diving is the big thing on this trip, so an all-inclusive would be just fine.

Thanks.

You will probably get more dives in on Bonaire as long as you don't mind shore diving. You can pretty much dive all day and night because there are many many shore dives to choose from. Not much shore diving on Little Cayman. We did do a night shore dive which was outstanding. It's mostly from boats though, so you are at the mercy of the operator.

That being said, I think the diving on Little Cayman is much more interesting for the average diver that is not too into the small stuff.

Never been to Brac, but there are some decent reports at DiveAtlas.com

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on LC operators? Good? Bad?

atxdiver once bubbled...

I completely vote for the Southern Cross Club. I have stayed there and at Little Cayman Beach Resort, and I believe you would have a much more personalized diving experience with SCC. You can PM me if you have any questions.

sapphire

atxdiver once bubbled...

We dove with LCBR and would dive with them again. They do great dive briefings and provide an excellent dive experience.

jhspb once bubbled...
If Reef Divers @ LCBR is as good as Reef Divers @ BRBR I agree with Tim.

Joe

I would not agree with this, LCBR has better boats and of course they dive at LC, but from the Brac, the boats are not in very good shape, they seem to break down, they don't go to LC that often, although I'll agree that, they from both resorts (DMs) treat you good, at the Brac they don't listen to you as to where you want to dive. I rate the Divi much better in that regard.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

atxdiver once bubbled...

Keep in mind, it's been three years since I was there, but at the time, Pirates Point and Southern Cross Club seemed to be the consensus favorites. We stayed at Pirates Point and had a very good experience. Great Boat, good food, good accomodations, friendly staff.

caymaniac once bubbled...

I would not agree with this, LCBR has better boats and of course they dive at LC, but from the Brac, the boats are not in very good shape, they seem to break down, they don't go to LC that often, although I'll agree that, they from both resorts (DMs) treat you good, at the Brac they don't listen to you as to where you want to dive. I rate the Divi much better in that regard.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

You need to tip more Jerry!:D

Back
Top Bottom