Little Cayman or Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh boy! Ten foot swells made recovery on the Newton’s rather wild, but all 21 accounted for.dove the Tibbetts and nearby reef....I’m passing on the afternoon Dive :).....I need a few tequilas.

Oh boy! Ten foot swells made recovery on the Newton’s rather wild, but all 21 accounted for.dove the Tibbetts and nearby reef....I’m passing on the afternoon Dive :).....I need a few tequilas.
I'm surprised they would go out in seas like that. We lost a day of diving in Oct 2017 when Tropical Storm Philippe went through. I'm not sure there were 10 foot swells that day, but too big to safely get out and back.

Well, maybe the storm will deposit some sand on the disappearing beach at the GC Comfort Suites for your upcoming visit!

We got several inches of snow dumped on us last night in the Midwest and more snow and cold are coming - so I'd still rather be in Cayman (or almost anywhere warm!) But it is a shame if the weather is interfering with your dive vacation, hang in there!

I read on another forum that Cozumel is also getting socked hard with bad weather, so it sounds like it is all across the region. I hope that it calms down soon for the sake of both the locals and the vacationers.

Oh, this in no way is hindering our holiday....lol.

We haven't done LC, but the Brac was just OK I think because of the poor weather we had. It rained - hard - every day for all 8 days we were there. We couldn't get out to the east side because of the weather but that's apparently really great diving. The shore diving was really easy entry at the spots we did and we liked that better than the boat dives for the most part. We rented a house and dove with Brac Scuba Shack. We went to the resort for lunch twice and it was nice, but we prefer a house setting on vacation. BSS was an incredible dive op. If I were to return, it would be because of wanting to dive with them again as opposed to wanting to dive the location itself again.

Oh, this in no way is hindering our holiday....lol.

The water looks pretty calm today on the Cracked Conch webcam, near shore in the West Bay area north of Seven Mile Beach. I hope that you are also having good weather around Brac, too. We are experiencing record cold temps record right now so it's got to be a lot better than here!

Microseven IP Cameras

I love Little Cayman - I think it has some of the best dives in the Caribbean. Have done a lot of diving on the sister islands and love them all but Little Cayman diving is the best (in my opinion).
We had one of the worst meals ever our first night at the now branded Clearly Cayman Brac resort. Also had an extremely unpleasant trip at the Brac resort - we were there when their big renovation was set to be complete - it was not close to being done and the experience we had was just horrible. The management did not make any effort to acknowledge the mess or offer anything to make up for our vacation in an active, dirty, messy construction zone. Must add that the dive staff were great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom