Little Cayman or Cayman Brac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..... it serves both islands & very often on the same flight.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Important difference between LC and the Brac: Little Cayman airport can ONLY accommodate the smaller "puddle jumper" style aircraft whereas the airport at the Brac can take small jets like 737s.

I'd love to go back to Little Cayman this Spring with my family, but the wife nixed the idea of island hopping with our two young kids. Her nerves can't take it :wink:
But lucky for me, because of the airport, the Brac is still a possibility.

DocVikingo once bubbled...
..... it serves both islands & very often on the same flight.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

You can jet into the Brac and either charter or catch a ride to Little on one of the resort boats. 45 minute ride weather dependent. If you don't mind getting banged around a little most of the captains will go for it even if the weather is a little iffy. As for the STOL Island Air plane its not that bad a ride. Kind of wierd being able to watch the pilots do their thing from your seat. Remember its the Caribbean. You are not going to be dealing with wind shear and icing. Its a milk run all the way.

Right Doc,
Their real name is Cayman Dive Lodge, but because they are located out at East End, they have a nick name as East End Dive Lodge. Sorry for the confusion. Regardless of the name one chooses to call them ... they're great! Thanks for correcting me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom