Little Cayman for a beginner diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janice

Reaction score
Hello! My husband ( a veteran diver) and
I ( a new diver) have been to Grand
Cayman and are now thinking of the
Brac or Little Cayman. What advice
would you offer as far as choices of
dive sites, easy and more challenging?
We are considering Little Cayman Resort
or Brac Reef Resort. Thanks for your
advice.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Little Cayman Beach Resort for both beginning and advanced divers. The DiveMasters are quite thorough in presenting each dive visually on a dry-erase board, and can give you as much guidance/oversight as you would need as a beginner.
Many of the dive sites have multiple profiles so that you can go shallow or deep and still enjoy the dive. Since all dives at the resort are guided boat dives, you don't need to worry about which sites to see, and really they're all pretty spectacular. The lava tubes (for advanced divers like your husband) can exit as deep as 100', but you can go over the top instead and meet your husband on the other side on Bloody Bay Wall. I've never dove GC or the Brac, but I can imagine that you'll see a lot of similar stuff.

Enjoy the trip wherever you end up! :D

Little cayman, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa, can't beat a wall dive that starts in 18 ft and drops from there. Just pick a depth and enjoy. I love this place, we've dove it several times on livaboards but considering land based for next trip. So when you return and get over the post vacation blues, give us a heads up.

Have a greeeeeeeeeeat time!!!

John

I have recently been to both, L.C. and the Brac. Either one would be fine for a begginer. There is slightly more things to do on the Brac than L.C. I would say that L.C. has a edge over the Brac in diving. The Brac reef resort does dive at L.C. on certain days of the week. LCBR does go to the wreck on the Brac.
Caymaniac::wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom