Little Cayman Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, Getting ready to go diving at the end of May at Little Cayman. If anyone has been to LC Beach Resort please forward some information. How's the diving? Water temp, viz, resort, etc.? Thanks for the help. See you on the bottom. DB

There's some recent reviews of Little Cayman Beach Resort at Trip Advisor
Little Cayman is still on my list. Have a great trip, and please post a trip report when you get back.

You are gonna love it. Best wall diving in the Caribbean and quite possibly the world!

Perfect1:
Hi, Getting ready to go diving at the end of May at Little Cayman. If anyone has been to LC Beach Resort please forward some information. How's the diving? Water temp, viz, resort, etc.? Thanks for the help. See you on the bottom. DB

Here's a home movie I made of my trip there a few years ago.

Right click and "save target as" to download

www.ronrosa.com/lcp1.wmv

www.ronrosa.com/lcp2.wmv

ronrosa:
Here's a home movie I made of my trip there a few years ago.

Right click and "save target as" to download

www.ronrosa.com/lcp1.wmv

www.ronrosa.com/lcp2.wmv

Great video Ron. Your footage looks like a professional took it.

Little Cayman is on my short list also. How did Little Cayman fair with the Hurricanes this past year?? A friend of mine who has a home on Cayman is going to Cozumel this year instead because of how bad it was hit.

Dave

LCM lost a few docks in the storm but was basically unscathed.

nipi:
LCM lost a few docks in the storm but was basically unscathed.

yeah. The email I got from LCBR said that there had been some coral damage, but that the biggest issue was the huge moving of sand off of the shelves. However, if anything, this served to stir everything up and allow the coral to spread polyps and what-not much further around the reef to make room for continued coral growth. believe it or not, the hurricane actually helped in more ways than it hurt. That's nature for you.

You will love Little Cayman. I've dove all around the caribbean from east to west, north to south, and although Bonaire gave it a real run for its money the other week, Little Cayman is still the best diving I've done in the Caribbean, bar none hands-down.

Get to the Mixing Bowl and get to Sarah's Set.

I was there in November while Grand Cayman was still closed to tourists. In fact, you could only connect through Grand Cayman if you had proof of citizenship or a confirmed hotel reservaton on one of the sister islands. Even back then, right after hurricane Ivan Little Cayman was beautiful. No evidence of any reef damage. A couple of docks were lost but were replaced quickly and we didn't even notice a difference.

The diving off Little Cayman is spectacular. You'll love it. Also, we really enjoyed Little Cayman Beach Resort. Nice rooms with great ocean views, pool, jacuzzi, nice bar area, and first class dining by the same chef who has been there something like 9 years.

Have a great trip!

Hi Perfect 1

It's been a few years but I have fond memories of my stay at LCBR. The diving, as many have noted, is certainly among the best in the Caribbean, most notably the breathtaking wall diving. I don't have my log book handy, but I'd say the water temp in late May should be around 80 degrees, maybe a degree or two warmer. Viz was great when I was there, averaging 75-100 feet. Very healthy and abundant corals and lots of sea life, though light on the big stuff other than turtles (saw a couple of sharks out in the blue, off the walls).
The resort is very comfortable with large rooms, great views, fantastic and very plentiful food; good, comfortable and fast dive boats (though the trip around the island to the walls is at least 20 minutes from the dock) and a super quiet, sandy beach. Staff was very proficient and friendly. The only downsides (and they are minor!) are the aroma from the inland marsh when the wind's in the "right" direction, a bar that can get pretty raucous at night and the fact that the resort beach is in a very shallow lagoon; the water along the shore is tepid, brackish and full of seaweed--not really fit for swimming. That said, a couple of hours in a hammock in the shade of a palm tree after the day's dives are well worth the price of admission.
Enjoy your stay--you'll have a ball!

Best Regards,

Been there a few times. Love the diving and the dive op; hate the hotel--overdone with inescapable and tortured promotions of their side businesses and the noise of their horrible events.

Unless it's changed; from mid-week one, they'll blast music (including horrific amplified kareoke) in the court yard in front the rooms so that you won't be able to even hear the tv in rooms much less sleep. There is no escaping this failure in basic hospitality.

Search this site for condos of better places to stay on Little Cayman. Either that or try to get the rooms across the road in the bird refuge.

Aside from the dumpy resort, the dive op and diving are as good as you'll see anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom