Little Cayman Beach Resort versus Pirate's Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Aggie, This must be what I read about. LCBR sounds like the best place, but we haven't done an AI resort before. What can we expect in the way of additional charges when we check out?

The only additional charges I have ever experienced is for stuff like t-shirts and things like that. Some of the packages to LCBR include two or three alcoholic drinks each day or sodas or whatever you want them to be and some packages do not but you know what is included when you book. I guess what I am trying to say is there won't be any hidden charges.

I have always booked the package that includes all three meals and the 17 dive package.

The only thing I can think of that isn't included are the tips for the dive crew. I think they have a tip sheet that suggests on a 17 dive package to tip $100. That's not set in stone but should give you some idea of how much to tip. I usually tip more.

I expect to tip, but it's good to know how much $ is expected. The taxes, service charges, and ground transfers were included in the rate they quoted me. It's good to know that the dive crew is not included in those "service charges". About how much is a margarita or a beer?

I wish I could tell you but I'm not much of a drinker but I don't think they were unreasonable from what the others said. I am actually thinking of going back next fall with a group. Last year we had 22 and got some really good pricing for that size group and it included three drinks a day! I'm going to see what I can work out with them at DEMA this year.

We're booked with LCBR! Thank you for the advice. If anyone has any more tips for us I would love to hear it.
I will be dreaming of this trip until we get to live it.
BTW is the snokeling from the shore good at the resort, or are there other special snork spots? I might want to stay wet when I'm not eating or sleeping. ><>

Back
Top Bottom