Little $$$, BIG diving need!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinglife

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys, I need a vacation as do some friends of mine. We found a great airfare deal with JetBlue to northern Dom. Rep. which after a little investigating is apparently really really BAD diving.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for an inexpensive trip south from the New York area. Perhaps anyone know of an airline locally that does quick trips down for cheap??

Luxury is not needed as we are very tight on cash but have a GIANT diving need. We are all pretty experienced divers. Any help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!!!!!

See you all at BTS!!

Take a look at Bonaire, and staying at the Golden Reef Inn...
( www.goldenreefinn.com )

The airfare will be the highest part.... b ut you will get more diving than you have ever imagined as the majority of diving there is shore diving......and great shore diving. There are boats available but if you are really on a tight budget...you can dive A LOT...at GREAT places....and not need a boat to get there.

rich

Ft Lauderdale FL... Can get flights right to FLL for cheap. If you're in the area, call Mike at The Scuba School @ 954 566 6344 (I think).

Thanks Rick,
That was a great suggestion!! I spoke to a lady from there and was quoted a price of $270 per person for 4 nights stay, unlim. shore diving, and car rental. Seems like a nice deal to me, now if only I could find airfare for less than $600 (ouch!).

Can't do Florida, 2 of the divers did FL last month.... thanks for suggestion though.

The amount of options is overwhelming, I'm now just staring blankly at my screen not knowing where to start again.... so daunting.

I'm on this dive trip with divinglife. I dove Florida, but would do it again. It's the other guy! (It always is)

I found good air fair to Puerto Rico. How's the rest of the island? Can we get by on the cheap there?

divinglife:
Thanks Rick,
That was a great suggestion!! I spoke to a lady from there and was quoted a price of $270 per person for 4 nights stay, unlim. shore diving, and car rental. Seems like a nice deal to me, now if only I could find airfare for less than $600 (ouch!).

if you've never been to Bonaire, you need to go. that's the place you need to
get to know.

the shore diving is unlimited, cheap, and amazing. you can do a minimum of four
dives per day and up if you plan it right.

2 Bar:
I found good air fair to Puerto Rico. How's the rest of the island? Can we get by on the cheap there?

i'm sorry, i don't know anything about PR. but i have heard the diving is very good.

You have to go south? Are you into the Pina Coladas, or is diving the cente of gravity for your trip? Why not go north?

Betcha you'd find reasonable stays as well now out of season!

i was thinking the same thing, do you need to be that far south.
north carolina is just an 8-9 hour drive south.

Your group need carribean diving? If so look into Cozumel since the exchange rarte is very good between the peso and USD. You may get a nice trip but still saty cost effective. If your loking for any trip south that doesn't have to be in the carribean then XJae idea of North Carolina is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom