Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Survey completed. It's a 'concise' survey to a 'complex' problem. It's fun to say everyone should pick up litter when diving just like everyone should post a picture of themselves attending an FWC fisheries meeting to participate in making the oceans better. It will never happen and it's just reality that most divers are too busy.

So I just try to do my small part and if I see it, I pick it up if it's quick. I won't spend 15 minutes rolling up 200 feet of mono, but I will put a beer bottle or paper bait box in my lobster bag. I'll pass by an old anchor but if I see a clean Fortess anchor, you bet I'll lift bag it to the surface for $$$ pickup.

If you want to know how much litter really gets picked up, you should spend the valuable time, and travel to the Orlando Convention center on Wednesday Nov 1st at 7am and walk the open lobby before the DEMA grand opening. The difference in your project grade will be from a 'C' to an 'A+' cause you went the extra effort. You can ask a thousand dive professionals who work on the actual boats and will be waiting in a crowded lobby about litter for free since anyone can walk thru the lobby grand opening events. But my statement in red above may also apply to you too if you choose not to come to Orlando for your class project.

Pict=DEMA Orlando Lobby opening day 2011
dema11-jpg.431494.jpg

Attachments

• dema11.JPG
    dema11.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 47
I'm getting my Masters in the Geosciences department, with the concentration of Human-Environment Sustainability. My thesis is about cultural ecosystem services provided by salt marshes in Georgia :) What program at FAU are you applying for? My fiance is in the environmental science department.

I’m applying for the marine biology program. Will be applying come January after taking a year off. I had an itching for applying to the environmental science program but think more biological is my way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom