Suggestion List of members with the most positive comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
pauldw

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
It seems like looking at the ratio of good reaction scores to total posts (and screening out people with only a few posts since there wouldn’t be much statistical relevance in those cases) would create a decent metric showing how helpful any given member’s posts were seen by the community. Of course, one can just look at any given person’s two numbers and calculate it. But that’s a person by person thing. It might be interesting to have a list somewhere on the site listing perhaps the hundred most positive ratios, as that might make it easy to go through those people’s posts and see interesting things we might’ve missed. On the other hand, if such a list would just create bad feelings, it might not be worth it.

How would we populate the contents of a page like that?
I'd suggest let the pubsters pick.

In reality though - I had forgotten we had the follow users feature here.

Could the number of times someone is followed be used to extrapolate someone's general usefulness. Under the premise that people don't follow people because they don't want to see what they're up to.

Ex - 300 people follow me, 7659 users follow Wookie and 600 follow rhwestfall. Using that it could be in plied that more people are interested in what frank has to say over me and Bob...

It might require a tweak to how this is applied by users....

Also - I agree akimbo that the reactions eliminate the need for a reply....

Could the number of times someone is followed be used to extrapolate someone's general usefulness. Under the premise that people don't follow people because they don't want to see what they're up to.

Ex - 300 people follow me, 7659 users follow Wookie and 600 follow rhwestfall. Using that it could be in plied that more people are interested in what frank has to say over me and Bob...

People who enjoy train wrecks follow you.

Turns out I follow Onespeed and Hockeynut

where do you find how many followrers they have or in fact how is following?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom