Liquivision Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
After my Xeo with the original non rechargeable batteries in kept draining rapidly I sent it back to Liquivision for quick battery discharge testing. My Xeo did in fact have a defect in it causing it to drain the battery rapidly. Liquivision sent me a new Xeo which had the new white battery case capabale of holding the new rechargeable batteries in it. These batteries are slightly larger then the non rechargeable batteries causing a pretty tight fit inside the battery compartment. In fact the first time I tried to put the battery in the Xeo I ended up emailing Liquivision to see if this was normal as I was concerned that the battery casing could break the wire inside the battery compartment due to the tight fit. Liquivision said that it is a pretty tight fit and not to be concerned. After pushing the battery casing into the battery compartment I felt even more concerned due to how tight the fit was. I decided to contact Liquivision once more to ask if in fact I do break the wire by pushing the battery casing into the Xeo as instructed by Liquivision would it be covered by the warranty. Surprisingly I was told no it is not covered.

Does anyone agree that this contradicts itself? We know its tight just push them in but if you break it its on you. It didnt break this first time but it really is a tight fit and I see no reason why it couldnt break in the future.

If you find the fit disturbing, you can use the rechargeable battery which is smaller and fits much more easily. Alternatively, you can continue to use the smaller ER14335M batteries which fit in very easily. Our customers wanted improved battery options in the existing casing, so we responded to that, and now we allow for the possibility of using bigger batteries, but this does make the battery change process more difficult. In this case, if you are very careful and follow the procedure, the unit should be fine. However we have no way to protect ourselves from people doing the battery change incorrectly and damaging their own unit. If we warrantied the unit against that, then anyone could just voluntarily destroy their unit and ask for a new one. For what it's worth, the wires in the Xeo are extraordinarily expensive and of the highest quality, and far stronger than any normal wire.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

...now we allow for the possibility of using bigger batteries, but this does make the battery change process more difficult. ...

No offense intended, but you may wish to run this statement past your legal department.

Any Small Claims Court judge would award against you in this regard.

All the best.
IP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom