Lions Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last weeks dive. Lot's to see in the Howe sound if you slow down and look

[video=youtube;IJEQFg_vVqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEQFg_vVqk[/video]

That's what my wife said too but I've seen quite a few. That was my first Cockerell's and they're hard to spot, even when you're looking right at them. Anyways, Kerry didn't win a big prize - she just got to load the Jeep :wink:

Hi Dale,

Great video. I'm not familiar with this dive site - would you mind giving some details? Depth, location, etc? I love Ansell and Kelvin, would be great to have another dive site along there.

I've seen tailed Jelly nearly every single dive at Whytecliff!(and only just learned what it was this week) I never realized they were considered rare.

How is Lions Bay? I have been meaning to head out there, mainly small stuff I'm assuming from the video? (Which I love, I would love to add some new Nudis to my list)

Last edited:
I too would love to learn where this dive site is, of course I could just ask Kerry but inquiring minds on SB would love to know it appears. :)

As for the "rare finds", I haven't seen a Cockerell's yet either (although note they have now been spotted at Whytecliff and Kelvin's by others) but have seen the tailed jellies almost every dive at Whiskey Cove (Indian Arm), so don't consider them rare. They are kind of hard to photograph though, so perhaps pics of them are rare indeed :wink:

PS - Great video too (but I already said that on FB) - love alllllll your videos Manfish, would love to join you and Kerry on a dive sometime (Kerry and I are FB friends but haven't actually managed to go out diving together yet - I am only available every 2nd weekend due to my childcare responsibilities).

I really need to get some salt water dives on one of my trips back there. What are the water temps right now?

Back
Top Bottom