Considering cave diving? I hope this helps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EXCELLENT overview for the recreational diver, and I've bookmarked this for future referral. Nice touch including imagery of large rooms -- that's the biggest misconception I see in discussions with the average Joe/Jane Diver. 👍👍

I watched the entire video---some very cool cave imagery and the actual content is pretty good too.
Thanks for sharing.

Very well done, no plans to become a cave diver, but I won't say never. I am very interested in the mind set it takes to do this calmly and for enjoyment. Seeing how you plan, the level of redundancy, and the amount of practice should be very educational.

I find the large caverns with clear water to be very beautiful and can see how it could be relaxing, but then I see tight passages in particulate blizzards and I'm out!

EXCELLENT overview for the recreational diver, and I've bookmarked this for future referral. Nice touch including imagery of large rooms -- that's the biggest misconception I see in discussions with the average Joe/Jane Diver. 👍👍
Ah I really appreciate that thank you. This video which I thought would be easy turned out to be quite a challenge in terms of where and how to draw the line. Thank you. I'm going to expand on it a little bit each time but the goal is to help people thinking of cave diving to really get some good information.

Very well done, no plans to become a cave diver, but I won't say never. I am very interested in the mind set it takes to do this calmly and for enjoyment. Seeing how you plan, the level of redundancy, and the amount of practice should be very educational.

I find the large caverns with clear water to be very beautiful and can see how it could be relaxing, but then I see tight passages in particulate blizzards and I'm out!
Hey that's both great feedback and a great point of clarification. When I started would you believe I felt the same way? When I first started my goal was only big caverns, clear water, and everything you described. My instructor and subsequent friends were showing me videos of taking off tanks and I was like no way lol

I will share with you three things...
1. You can totally control the cave dives you want to do. When I'm guiding I ask people about the experience they want, and a lot of time, we just stick to big caverns. TOTALLY doable for you.
2. Zero vis is intimidating but it's not too too bad. If you look at my narrated cave dive video on my channel. Near the end you will see a great example.
3. Last but not least... you grow into it at the speed you feel is right, and I think that's a good take away for beginners. Cave diving can be what you want it to be.

I hope this helps :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom