Lion Air flight JT610 crashes into sea after take-off from Jakarta...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Singapore Air hangars its 737 Max's.

Ethiopian Airlines plane had "flight control problems

Standard practice. That statement is deliberately vague. It's in the airlines interest at this stage to use such wording that people assume a link between this and Lion Air, and thus forming the opinion that it's a design problem rather than an airline operating issue. Pretty standard practice.

Remember the Lion Air had a known and reported defect the flight before. It could of course be teh same issue, and this time the crew (like the Lion Air crew) didn't react (despite the new training)

UK bans Boeing 737 MAX planes from British airspace

This one w somewhat more surprising, but I'd be reticent to jump to any real conclusions. The Airline industry is very Machiavellian, the CAA could have bowed to some political pressure - they may be using it as a stick against the FAA or Boeing as a bargaining point on another matter - Airbus may have lobbied (Don't ever think the FAA or CAA are truly independent or impartial. Similarly the FAA may be under pressure to support Boeing and the American carriers.

I doubt there is much new information that isn't in the public eye at the moment - but there could be something more from the radio conversations between the Crew and ATC

Look at crash scene pictures - who even needs to examine the wreckage is in for a painful time given the seem to have collected it and piled it high. Good luck with that jigsaw.

It'll be the ADR and CVR that hopefully give some indication of where to start looking. The problem with tos aircraft that are grounded awaiting to be inspected, is that no-one knows what they're looking for. This could have been an APU failure in the (smoke from rear) causing flight control issues despite redundancy - which would be a completely different fault

I've no opinion on the matter. Merely posting news items and wondering if I'll be flying in one on March 15.:wink:

I've no opinion on the matter. Merely posting news items and wondering if I'll be flying in one on March 15.:wink:
Ooh - Where are you going? We leave in the morning (before light 'O' clock bound for Misool) My friends went and checked if we were on one - we're not

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom