Lingering Peripheral Neuropathy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a Dr. appointment for this afternoon. I was dragging my feet because my old doctor is out on maternity leave and her replacement is on vacation. So I get to consult with yet another doc that I will never see again. I'll post back with the diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with primary Raynaud's Phenomenon and a touch of carpal tunnel. Interesting that I have lived to be almost fifty without the RP being diagnosed.

I was diagnosed with primary Raynaud's Phenomenon and a touch of carpal tunnel. Interesting that I have lived to be almost fifty without the RP being diagnosed.
Thanks for the update. That's pretty consistent with what we thought in this thread.

Did the physician do a cold-stimulation test to confirm the Raynaud's?

What did your doctor suggest to do in terms of treatment? There are several things that one can do. Avoid cold exposure. Don't trim your drysuit wrist seals too tight. Wear thicker, warmer gloves. For carpal tunnel syndrome, avoid extreme wrist flexion and any similar repetitive movements. Were any particular meds prescribed? Just curious.

Thanks for the update. That's pretty consistent with what we thought in this thread.

Did the physician do a cold-stimulation test to confirm the Raynaud's?

What did your doctor suggest to do in terms of treatment? There are several things that one can do. Avoid cold exposure. Don't trim your drysuit wrist seals too tight. Wear thicker, warmer gloves. For carpal tunnel syndrome, avoid extreme wrist flexion and any similar repetitive movements. Were any particular meds prescribed? Just curious.

She gave me a hand brace to wear for typing and sleeping. No meds. She is not a diver so no dive-specific recommendations. I will go back to wearing my dry gloves.

The sudden onset baffled the Dr. and me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom