lil' cayman : how good is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dedhed

Registered
Reaction score
yo folks,

i'm thinking of places to dive in the spring and little cayman has come up. as top notch places in the caribbean goes, i've been to saba, utila, bonaire and i wonder if bloody bay is as good as they say. what do people think about the quality of diving and accomodations. i like the non-tourist type of places so the islands speed is right up my alley. thanks to all who respond.

peace,
dedhead

If you like non-tourist places, and good diving, Little Cayman is for you. We did a recent trip to Cayman Brac and made a few trips to Little Cayman. The wall dives and shallow dives at LC were great. But there really isn't anything else on the island. The airport runway is a stone/grass strip and the airport is a small building which also is a garage for the fire truck, there really isn't much more. But the resorts have all you need, and the diving speaks for itself. Sounds like a trip planning coming up.

Jeff

After 7 dive trips to Grand Cayman, we finally did the Little Cayman trip last month. It was terrific. Little Cayman Beach Resort is great, but not at all "touristy." And Reef Divers was fabulous. A must dive location.

Seth

Doesn't suck. Bloody Bay wall is one of the better dive sites in the universe. Go there.

Let me put it this way, diving Bloody Bay wall at Little Cayman is ALMOST better than sex. I said ALMOST.

dedhed once bubbled...
yo folks,

i'm thinking of places to dive in the spring and little cayman has come up. as top notch places in the caribbean goes, i've been to saba, utila, bonaire and i wonder if bloody bay is as good as they say. what do people think about the quality of diving and accomodations. i like the non-tourist type of places so the islands speed is right up my alley. thanks to all who respond.

peace,
dedhead

LC offers, IMHO, Caribbean diving at its best, certainly better than Saba or Roatan (which are good). The island also has two fine resorts on it - Pirate's Point and Southern Cross Club. (I've only visited the bar at Little Cayman Beach Club and it was karaoke night - much too raucous and off-key for me.)

donacheson once bubbled...

LC offers, IMHO, Caribbean diving at its best, certainly better than Saba or Roatan (which are good). The island also has two fine resorts on it - Pirate's Point and Southern Cross Club. (I've only visited the bar at Little Cayman Beach Club and it was karaoke night - much too raucous and off-key for me.)

I have a buddy who goes to Sam McCoy's...an advantage it has is that its the only place on the North side, so you can shore dive Bloody Bay in the afternoon without needing an expensive rental jeep.

FWIW, I've stayed at LCBR too...I'll go to Pirate's Point or one of the other original dive camps before going back. Besides, all of the Camps also cost less. :^)

-hh

Little Cayman has everything except the big stuff. If you could import some sharks, whales, dolphins and eagle rays it would be perfect. We stayed at Conch Club Condominiums and dove with Reef Divers. Highly recommend them both. I would put the diving slightly above Cozumel and Turks & Caicos and in another class from most anything else.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
Little Cayman has everything except the big stuff. If you could import some sharks, whales, dolphins and eagle rays it would be perfect. We stayed at Conch Club Condominiums and dove with Reef Divers. Highly recommend them both. I would put the diving slightly above Cozumel and Turks & Caicos and in another class from most anything else.

Odd! I've seen lots of eagle rays, as well as southern rays, while diving on the flats between the walls and the beach at Little Cayman.

I agree about the sharks, whales, and dolphins, although I'd hardly expec t to find whales there; it's just too distant from the Atlantic.

Is that dolphin still hanging around Brac? There was one there several years ago, but have not heard anything about it in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom