Lighting Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need 2 lights so that narrows it down and the tray you need will kind of depend on your lights. If you are getting Sola's get the SRP or Light & Motion tray with locline arms. If you get the other lights pictured it looks like they attach to those flexi arms also pictured and for those you will need a tray like this.

Underwater Camera Base Tray-Double Slot Stay | eBay

Maybe I would settle for a pair of Sola 500 and the SRP tray and handles/flexi arms.
I just need good night shots as most of the day shots are taken with SRP filter with no lights.

---------- Post added February 24th, 2013 at 01:15 PM ----------

Someone suggested this is value for money:

F.I.T. Pro Series LED 2000 Video Light

Appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Finally, I got my first rig set up.

I will see the results of my videos if I can get away with one light. IMG-20130321-00143.jpg

Thats a nice compact little tray. I like that it gets the camera a little bit forward. Don't forget to secure the light to the tray in case the arm comes apart underwater. I ran bungee through the middle of my locline

70 degree is wide but will not cover the edges you will get a vignette effect. Power wise though this is a big gun

I will see if there's a good deal at the Adex 2013 for the Sola 2000 without spot.
or should I get one with the spot?

The spot is useful so that you can use it as a dive light, spotlights have little use for video
With two lights you will cover more than the field of view of the gopro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom