Lightest/smallest BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir:
Side Bar

[ I've been renting thus far my BCD + reg ] :11:

MoonWrasse I'm sure most would agree here that
renting a reg is not a good Idea. its your life support!
You dont really know the service record on them. I
just know from my own exsperiance that rental regs
can cause troubles underwater for you :death2: . BCs would be
next inline as important gear and the rest you could rent.
Get a good set of regs and have them serviced each year.

Just concerned thats all.

GotAir

Well, thanks. :)
I haven't had a reg or bcd problem thus far, outside of OW free flowing regs (I think maybe that was intentional on their part). However most of the regs have been unbalanced, I think, and I want to get away from that.

So I'm now spending my down time before I dive again (a few months), researching what and where to buy, taking my time, so I won't have to buy twice :)

Bought oceanic islander for my son. Tested it in the pool and I might steal it!!
Very light and comfortable. Has some pocket space and weight integrated.
There are pockets for weight attached to tank band.
Only catches are back inflation (different, but some like and some hate)
and limited weight total in the pockets.
Not too expense and travels easy!!

I have 500 dives on a Zeagle Scout. I use anything from AL 80's to 108 steels. I have an older 35lb lift model ,but I think the new 24lb model would make even a better travel BC. It is a great travel BC and at the price hard to beat. I dove an Aqua Lung Explorer with an 18lb bladder and 10lb weight pockets, and was one of the most compact BC's I have seen.

Loneranger:
I have 500 dives on a Zeagle Scout. I use anything from AL 80's to 108 steels. I have an older 35lb lift model ,but I think the new 24lb model wold make even a better travel BC. It is a great travel BC and at the price hard to beat. I dove an Aqua Lung Explorer with an 18lb bladder and 10lb weight pockets, and was one of the most compact BC's I have seen.

I've traveled with the Zeagle Escape with 24# bladder for a few years. I can roll it up in a ball and jam in a very small space of my luggage. I don't get any use from the low rear weight pockets so I removed them and added a pair of weight pockets to the upper tank band. Recently, I've been traveling with a backplate but still use my Escape for teaching.

When I travel. I bring a DSS singles rig with an LCD20 wing combined to a kydex or SS BP. The kydex BP is arguably the lightest BP out there. It has as a very flat profile, making it easy to pack. The LCD 20 wing rolls up nicely, and doesn't take a whole lot of space in your luggage.

Oh yeah, it also dives incredibly well :wink:

Back
Top Bottom