Lightest/smallest BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ippy01

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would love suggestions for a BC that is:

* The easiest to pack, lightest, smallest, etc.
* Has room for non-removable weights in the back
* Is weight integrated
* Can accept a quality power inflator/regulator-octopus (can't imagine any BC's can't accomodate this feature, but thought I should specify it)

I need very little lift and am most interested in having the barest minimum amount of "stuff." I currently use a SeaQuest Black Diamond which is a fine BC, but is ridiculously hard to pack and lug around.

What's up with the gigantic font size :06:

Try a back plate and wing. Dive Rite makes a small travel wing and with an aluminum plate it's light and easy to pack flat. I've traveled with mine several times and it's been easy to carry and about as small as it can get.

Zeagle Scout or al BP and wing with xs scuba weight pouches on the harness at the waist.

I also travel with an AL backplate with the Dive Rite TransPlate harness. Although I use a weightbelt, you can get weight integrated pockets with the TransPlate harness. I use an Oxycheq 30# "standard" wing, which is about 1/4" thick when fully deflated. That system takes up very little space in my luggage ... much less so than any standard BCD I know of.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Check out the Zeagle Escape. Great in every area you described.

I have not tried diving it but have seen others with the Zeagle Scout, it has the rear weight pockets and is very compact, still a quality product.

I dive the dive rite transpac harness and travel wings, very compact and will give you a life time of service. If you decide packing is not that important you can add pockets and weght systems. Unlike others here I do not pack a back plate. Just the transpac II and wings

The Scout weights in at 4 lbs (I measured mine). The weight intergration is ok IF you don't need more than about 6-8 lbs. More than that it will tend to turtle you. You can use a weight belt or if you only need a few more lbs (4 maybe) you can put weight in the frount of the BC. Zeagle does not advertise it but there is a velcroed "pocket" on each side of the BC that will hold the weights. I do this to improve trim. They are not easily ditchable but I don't worry about a few lbs in warm water.

Padipro:
What's up with the gigantic font size :06:

Try a back plate and wing. Dive Rite makes a small travel wing and with an aluminum plate it's light and easy to pack flat. I've traveled with mine several times and it's been easy to carry and about as small as it can get.

......Not sure what happened there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom