Lightest BP/W + Regulator setup (warm water)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks claimed the Flight was the lightest regulator available. It was discontinued this year, but probably still available if you search. Apeks XL4 is worth a look. Compact and light, but still rated for cold water.
Inflator/octo combos are okay, just be sure you understand the impact on how you dive now. Visualize an ascent while your OOA buddy is breathing off your primary.

The Zeagle Express Tech with the 35lb wing has served me well over the last seven years. I’m in NJ and weigh the same as you. I’ll dive AL80s on vacation or steels and a pony when I’m home. I have a SS backplate as well. I swap the wing over to that and use it with my drysuit. I just had it ice diving Saturday. Very versatile setup.

Hi, does anyone know if the Atomuc T3 still has ro be pressurized when/if you soak the regulator for rinsing, like the Z3?

Thanks

AK...

A little late to the picnic...but I think your best value and option selection is a DGX modular system...

Harness/back-plate/crotch strap/wing choice/cam bands with or without single tank adapter and hardware/pocket choice...

Everything you'll need is in one place...with the best support in the industry...

As far as ''lightest''...the difference in weight between systems/manufacturers is within a pound or so...

When travelling your system can be disassembled and split up between several suitcases...

As well...as you progress...the system is completely adaptable and can be altered to suit as needed...single/doubles/sidemount...

You can spend more than you would for a DGX system...but why...

Best...

Warren

Hi, does anyone know if the Atomuc T3 still has ro be pressurized when/if you soak the regulator for rinsing, like the Z3?

Thanks

The soaking requirement is due to the design of their regs and not due to materials so, yes all of their regs should be pressurized when soaking to keep the water out.

Thanks guy for all the help and suggestions guys, much appreciated!

So far, I've decided on:
Oxycheq 30LB wing
Aluminum backplate
DIY HOG harness + crotch strap (20' webbing, 8 Tri-glides, 3 alum bent D-Rings,
Trim pockets
Plastic Cam buckle (from old system i got used)
SPG and Depth Gauge (from old system I got used)

MAYBE the Atomic reg for the swivel hose or a the Mikron reg.

This old system i got seems pretty old, from the 80s. Its a Dacor 950 XL reg. The tank still has air but it is a bad Luxfer one. Should I be worried about the Inflation hose and SPG hose? What about the cam buckle? It was pretty dusty and seemed to have sat outside so that is my concern. I have not inspected the hose closely and try airing it up yet as it needs to be cleaned first, but I figure for $25 I made out on the depth and pressure gauge, and a tank to just 'feel' out the system as I build it, and then use it as a novelty piece.

IMG_20190319_173328_622.jpg

Depth and pressure gauges and hoses are fairly short lived items. Hoses fail. Gauges fatigue and become inaccurate. I wouldn’t use any of what you bought.

I would clean up and restore the Conshelf second stage. The rest can go back into the bed of the 1973 Ford pickup that it all appears to have been stored. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom