Light Sock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Layla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Oxycheq

Is the light sock available anywhere in the US or the UK?

My light has a circumference of 75mm
do you have a sock which would fit that

Thanks

Layla

Hello again

I have found that there is the sock to fit the Raider I & II
and a sock to fit he Raider III & IV

My light has a diameter of 29mm

Can you please advise which sock would best fit, I need to order this before the end of the week

Thanks

Layla

In approximate measurements, The Raider I is 33mm in diameter, and the Raider III/IV is 25mm in diameter.

25mm Raider III/ IV
33mm Raider I

Is there anything inbetween?

I need to get it right first time because I'm ordering from overseas and don't really want to send it back if it is wrong or have to buy another one of the different size

If your light has a circumference of 75mm - the diameter would be approx 24 mm. That would indicate the sock for the Raider III/IV - they do stretch a little so if the end is a little bigger, it will slip through.

You could get the larger one and keep it in place with a double end bolt snap the hooks to the bungie on the sock and a ring on the back of your light. It may not be as stable, but it will work. Add a couple of wraps of tape and it would probably be a perfect fit.

I'd recommend the double end bolt snap for either, since even in the proper sock, the light moves and the double ender eliminates the possibility of losing it. If you look at the pictures on the bottom of the page for the light socks you will see the bolt snap setup.

Thanks TN

I already have bolt snaps on all my stuff :cool2:

I'm going to get both the Raider I/II and Raider III/IV

Layla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom