Light position/attachment for pull & glide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crawford:
As I understand it, your arm muscles are more efficient/use less energy than your larger leg muscles. Pullling and gliding will help your gas usage in high flow caves. If you've ever done it you can feel the advantage of pull and glide versus kicking against strong flow.

Of course, this is a discussion for us too poor to buy a scooter :11:

Crawford,

You're so right.

I told you, if you ever come and visit me, you can borrow my scooter.

Dennis

GDI:
Good Answer Ben...
Thanks Rick.

I think I am good at maintaining contact, part of me likes to follow because it's easier to maintain contact from behind. If I am leading, unless I can physically see my buddy's light I will cover mine, in fact on my dive today I did that 4 times, IIRC. When my buddy holds his light in his hand and I can see it I know he's actively holding it and therefore safe and in control. If I know he has it shoulder mounted then all I know is he's behind me and his body is pointed forward and I feel the need to look back and confirm he's ok. Just how my mind works.

OneBrightGator:
Thanks Rick.

I think I am good at maintaining contact, part of me likes to follow because it's easier to maintain contact from behind. If I am leading, unless I can physically see my buddy's light I will cover mine, in fact on my dive today I did that 4 times, IIRC. When my buddy holds his light in his hand and I can see it I know he's actively holding it and therefore safe and in control. If I know he has it shoulder mounted then all I know is he's behind me and his body is pointed forward and I feel the need to look back and confirm he's ok. Just how my mind works.

Thats cool Ben I don't disagree with you and your reasons, Its all about the comfort level and preference of the diver and dive team. It doesn't take much for me to signal my team members with it clipped to my shoulder something I do routinely. Especially with new dive team set of divers.

I can't get up there this weekend but maybe you can get out with Simon and Pete. If I could I'd say lets make a dive together. Peacock is improving.

Pez de Diablo:
Crawford,

You're so right.

I told you, if you ever come and visit me, you can borrow my scooter.

Dennis
I am so there, my man, if I could only convince my wife to take our 15th anniversary trip to Mexico this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom