Light or Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I will have about $600 extra dollars by the end of June and I was wondering what I should get. I currently have all my gear (well I am still waiting for my Halcyon Bc to come in) and I have enough money to take cources. If you had $600 extra dollars would you get a Halcyon Proteus 6 HID 10w or a set of Luxfer 80 dubbles with manifold? Just wondering.
Thanks
Tekkie

I vote for getting tanks. You won't need a light on every dive, but you will need tanks.

What are you using for tanks now? (like Speedster asked) Where are you going to be doing most of your diving, what type of exposure protection are you going to be wearing, and what depths are we talking here..?

Currently,
I am working on my Advanced OW acticually at Millbrook Quarry ( I might see you there o-ring ) I am not going to start on my TDI Tec cources like Advanced Nitrox and Decompression until late this year or early next. I am kind of leaning toward the light because I will be heading down to NC to do some wreck diving this summer. I don't have a dry suit so no steels. Thats why I was leaning toward the Aluminum Dubble 80's maby 100's.:confused:
Thanks
Tekkie

Go with the light. I get a lot more enjoyment out of my hid than my tanks, especially if you aren't diving doubles yet, or will be soon.

M

on the light... communication is the key to successful buddy diving and the passive communication that HIDs afford really makes a difference.

A lot of my stuff would go out the door before the HID would go... including the doubles.

Amen on the light first. Rental tanks provide the best bang for your buck and (almost) no one rents lights and if they did they would be pricey.

Dave D

Tekkie once bubbled...
Currently,
I am working on my Advanced OW acticually at Millbrook Quarry ( I might see you there o-ring ) I am not going to start on my TDI Tec cources like Advanced Nitrox and Decompression until late this year or early next. I am kind of leaning toward the light because I will be heading down to NC to do some wreck diving this summer. I don't have a dry suit so no steels. Thats why I was leaning toward the Aluminum Dubble 80's maby 100's.:confused:
Thanks
Tekkie
Who are you doing your AOW with? Dave, did you see that he was going to Millbrook?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom