Light Monkey Vs Hollis Vs Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The great question........

I am looking at the the LM 21 Watt LED vs Hollis LED 25 Vs the new Titan SCULA 2600. They are all somewhat close in price so I am just trying to pick one.

The Titan light is the new design that is not yet released. But it has 3 different output settings is sealed and about a 4 hour burn time. I really like the idea of multiple output setting for different conditions.

Light Monkey 21 LED has a great rep and says they have a good system in place so you can flood the canister and has a 4 hour burn time.

Hollis LED 25 has about the same specs as the Light Monkey but burns for 8 hours.

I would buy the Titan right now if the narrow beam version was available. They said it should be available in a few weeks, but who really knows??? But since I have started looking around I have caught the bug of getting a new light. I almost bought the Under Water Light Dude 26, but I test dove it and the beam was just to wide for the limited vis we get in California.

What do you do with these choices???

LM, hands down. It will do exactly what you need it to do (assuming 21W is enough light for your application), and their service is simply unmatched...which is pretty important IMO for a piece of gear as expensive and issue-prone as a light, even an LED light.

I'm waiting for the new titans to come available as well. I'm intending to use the X 25W with the big battery and a scula & 9w LM handheld as a backup

My LM can has never let me down and I'll continue to use it. I know eventually the wet connectors in the titans will get nasty if they are not properly maintained with EPO2/cleaned etc... I think you cant go wrong with either LM or Titan. The cheap < $200 lights I regard as disposable after a few years..

I've been using a 10 watt Titan for a couple of years, and recently ordered the new 2600. I just got back from Our World Underwater, and had a chance to play with one there. This thing is awesome - light and powerful. One note - rather than the old style magnetic twist switch, they've now gone to a pressure sensitive push button.

I've been using a 10 watt Titan for a couple of years, and recently ordered the new 2600. I just got back from Our World Underwater, and had a chance to play with one there. This thing is awesome - light and powerful. One note - rather than the old style magnetic twist switch, they've now gone to a pressure sensitive push button.

Did you get a delivery date? Did you order the wide beam or the narrow beam? Who did you order from?

Did you get a delivery date? Did you order the wide beam or the narrow beam? Who did you order from?

Don't have a specific date, but the last message I got from them indicated it should be in the next few days. There was no option for wide or narrow when I ordered - it's wide, which I prefer for wreck. Ordered from Technical and Rebreather Dive Training, Maryland and Virginia - Jeff Johnson there is a great guy.

Don't have a specific date, but the last message I got from them indicated it should be in the next few days. There was no option for wide or narrow when I ordered - it's wide, which I prefer for wreck. Ordered from Technical and Rebreather Dive Training, Maryland and Virginia - Jeff Johnson there is a great guy.

Talking with Jeff now and trying to find out how long the back order really is. Please report back when you get the light.

How did you like the new button?

Probably not overly useful and just personal opinion but FWIW although I don't own any of the lights you've listed, I use an Mb-Sub VB-50, I'd go with LM if for no other reason than the reported very high level of service received by its customers, its almost unbelievable. I have found from personal experience the customer service from Hollis to be a lot of talking but unfortunately very little action. Titan I know nothing about. If they all appear similar to you spec wise I'd go with the company that offers the best service. Good luck with your shopping.

Talking with Jeff now and trying to find out how long the back order really is. Please report back when you get the light.

How did you like the new button?

Will do. Really liked the button - very easy on/off and wattage switch. The only problem I had with the older rotary switch was that the whole body would sometimes turn in the goodman glove when turning the switch. The new button solves that.

I like to try the TiTan SCULA 2600 too,the design is cool and same likes more smalll? I do not know it is TiTian lights or Hydro lights?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom