Light Monkey 21 watt HID travel-protection advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
How much protection does a brightstar 21 watt HID bulb, without a hard case, need? Thinking of various foam-lined tube ideas.

When traveling I pack the light in my carry on. The only real padding besides the bag is a beer koozie on the head.

42e5921d-2cc5-b9a9.jpg

I just throw a Koozie on and call it good. Of course I also take mine as carry on.

This is carry-on and "Koozie" was what I'd thought I'd heard, and what I was hoping to hear, but, I was unable to find one today between Chambers Street and the Astor Place K-mart. Thanks, but where are these "Koozie"s you talk of? I'm thinking they quit making them like.........yesterday?

This is carry-on and "Koozie" was what I'd thought I'd heard, and what I was hoping to hear, but, I was unable to find one today between Chambers Street and the Astor Place K-mart. Thanks, but where are these "Koozie"s you talk of? I'm thinking they quit making them like.........yesterday?

the liquor store? I live in a tourist town so I've also seen them at gift shops.

Try BevMo or WallyWorld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine most any box store not having koozies?? Liquor stores have got to have them.

Mines a shark :)

56601d1236922562-hid-light-covers-what-do-you-use-finished.jpg

Did you try Modell's on Chambers, Fulton or B'way?

I like the fat GUE one. Maybe the TSA will think I'm with Jaques Cousteau and give me a break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom