Light Head Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel Dilley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

Recently i have bought a light for me NW7 head and an ACCU 6.75 battery with an RCA cable connection.

It looks really great and i can't wait to get it in the water.

I have been trying to configure it ready for it's first dive but i am having trouble setting it up with the bungee for temporary thumb holds and clipping it off. I seen a UTD video showing that a piece of bungee is put across the head (done no problem) and then a small loop is placed at the back of the head. In the video AG was using a large length head but my lfm nw7 head is not so long and i was wondering if putting a small bungee loop on the cable would be a problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I do want to have the head able to be clipped up or down.

Thanks
Daniel Dilley

Hi Everyone

Recently i have bought a light for me NW7 head and an ACCU 6.75 battery with an RCA cable connection.

It looks really great and i can't wait to get it in the water.

I have been trying to configure it ready for it's first dive but i am having trouble setting it up with the bungee for temporary thumb holds and clipping it off. I seen a UTD video showing that a piece of bungee is put across the head (done no problem) and then a small loop is placed at the back of the head. In the video AG was using a large length head but my lfm nw7 head is not so long and i was wondering if putting a small bungee loop on the cable would be a problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I do want to have the head able to be clipped up or down.

Thanks
Daniel Dilley

From the looks of it, the best place for it seems to be on the connector right beheind the lighthead. Get a piece of rope and some bungee.
create a small loop from the bungee and attach using cave cord the way you would a boltsnap.

For the boltsnap, best pace is on top of the goodmanhandle right side.

Also get a thumb loop, connect it to the goodmanhandle side.

I have an older L4M but could post a picture of it.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2016 at 10:03 AM ----------

From the looks of it, the best place for it seems to be on the connector right beheind the lighthead. Get a piece of rope and some bungee.
create a small loop from the bungee and attach using cave cord the way you would a boltsnap.

For the boltsnap, best pace is on top of the goodmanhandle right side.

Also get a thumb loop, connect it to the goodmanhandle side.

I have an older L4M but could post a picture of it.
6483547e74081402846ef6fae558fddf.jpg

cbfc6d73092e50800de0569fff63e813.jpg

2aeb5ea45e30548f8f741a6e3ee36b7c.jpg

045f5ad78d2718b104d0daef82f5fe67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Put the rear bungie (or a tank Oring) loop just far enough back on the cable that the light beam points straight down. Don't go so far it hangs low. Use braided #24 line and tie the loop on as tight as you can so it doesn't slip. There is zero risk to the cable from this, the gland seals via compression too.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom